Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
heempy

Range Extender RE2000 - LED keeps flashing

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I am having problems with my range extender. Sinds a few days the LED keeps flashing and I am unable to connect to the extender using the browser. I already reset the extender many times, but unable to connect to it using the default IP (also used cable to connect to it).

The setup wizard does not find the extender any more.

What to do.

Thanks

Patrick

vint209

Re: Range Extender RE2000 - LED keeps flashing

Hi there!

Do you solve your problem with RE2000? Im speaking about flashing LED indicator...

aburgosbeteta

No. And the matter is that i have lost the purchase receipt... I have done also the ping with the ethernet wire and all the restarts, amd the light keeps flashing.
beepnow

I got this problem too. My RE2000 works well in the first day, then keeping flashing the front light, and can't be find by any wifi device.

Somebody said it's keeping bootlooping in this community,and the bottom Etherent light will light up for a second in a about 30s. My ipad can see a LinksysExtenderxxxxx for about 1 second  in this cycle, so I am sure it is bootlooping.

I tried the 30-30-30 Hard reset, but nothing happened except the SSID changged form LinksysExtenderxxxxx to Linksys.

I think most parts of my RE2000 works well, but something must force it keeping bootlooping, Linksys must made a big Bug in the Ver.1.0.01 (Build 7) Firmware.

now can somebody form Linksys tell us how we can do for this RE2000?

meica1013

I think the device is defective. My cousin experienced the same thing with his RE2000 and was advised for replacement after some troubleshooting with Technical Support. You may want to contact them too.

gspeaking

Range Extender RE2000 - LED keeps flashing

I have experienced this problem for several weeks now. I worked with a tech for over an hour trying a number of different actions. Finally they said what I know, it was defective. I was given an RMA, sent the defective one back. I installed the replacement and would you believe it worked for about two weeks and now it is flashing. I don't think these extenders are reliable and I think Cisco/Linksys knows there are problems with them. I will have to go through the process again with a tech to get this one replaced. Oh forgot, the tech, during our attempt to fix the expander, kept trying to get me to purchase a more expensive Access/router/extender! Think they know something we don't? Good luck

blue_butterfly

Since that is your 2nd unit already, did you try to ask for a senior tech to check on it? There should be a standard process on this other than replacing again the unit.

gspeaking

Tech support analysis rendered the second unit useless, I'm being sent a replacement.
magenung

Linksys Store is a joke. I have purchased close to $1000 of EA6900's and RE2000. Had the same problem as many have had with the flashing LED, bad right out of the box. Called customer service and tech support, 1 hr on the phone. They want me to pay to send a bad out of the box unit back to them. AND want to replace with a refubished unit. I don't know what kind of "Award Winning Tech Support and Customer Service" you have been recieving but it would have been a breeze to purchase from Amazon and return with a few clicks. Obviously they have a design flaw if that many people are having the same problem. Instead of putting you through a dog and pony show they should just send a call tag and cross ship you a new unit.! Very unhappy customer.

gspeaking

I agree hole heartedly! I think they are well aware of the flaw in the RE2000 but just keep selling it. And your right about Amazon, two button click and you get a new unit.