Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
drunknpirate

Range extenders IP address

I have a linksys range extender (ver 3) and when I first got it I had the whole "site survey failed" thing. For some reason the default IP address (192.168.1.240)  for the web based set up page doesn't work. I searched this forum and found a post from someone who listed this IP address along with an alternate IP address that might work and it did. Problem is I didn't write it down and need to reconfig my extender and can not access it with out that IP address. I looked over the forum for the users post but can not find it. Does anyone know of an alternate IP address that the extender might respond to?

kawal

Re: Range extenders IP address

when you connect a computer directly to the range expander, you WILL need to set a static IP address on that computer. set it to 192.168.1.99 for example and subnet to 255.255.255.0. then try accessing the range expander.

drunknpirate

Thanks but I am not connecting a computer directly to the extender so there should not be a need to set a static IP on the computer. Like I said, it worked before, I just need to figure out the IP address of the extender.

Gollum

The default IP address of the range expander is 192.168.1.240. If you are not able to open the setup page of the range expander then you will need to connect the range expander to the router with the Ethernet cable. Press and hold the reset button on the range expander for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the range expander.

Assign a static IP address to the Local area connection on the computer for example 192.168.1.99 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 . Open the setup page of the range expander using the default IP address and make the necessary changes.

What is the model number of the router? What is the IP address of your router?