Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
czjolley

Unable to setup RE2000

I have been trying to install the RE2000 into my home network.  When using the CD, I'm asked to input my network's password.  After a couple of minutes I get a message that the password was incorrect and I'm asked to do it again.  The problem is that the password I put in IS correct.  I tried to install it manually but I'm still unsuccessful.  At best, when I opened my web browser, I get a message that my wireless network was lost and there is a reason that "The upstream AP is missing".  At this point I'm at my wits end.  The router is an ATT U-verse model 3801HGV if that helps.

Expert
zee29

Re: Unable to setup RE2000

The best way to test if you are typing in the correct wireless network password is to use another wireless device. Say if you a mobile phone that is already connected to the network, forget the network first with the phone then reconnect and type in the same password that you were using with the RE2000. If the phone reconnects then the network password is ok.

Check your router if it supports WDS. If it supports WDS, then you need to enable it in order to add the RE2000 to your wireless network. I know of a friend who had to call his service provider to enable WDS to add a range extender to his network. So better look into that one.

czjolley

I verified that the password DOES work (followed your suggestion).  Checking into the support of WDS for the router.  Will let you know soon...

czjolley

Further update:  Upon contacting AT&T U-verse, my router can support WDS.  However, they wanted ~ $50 to help me reconfigure the unit so that the RE2000 would work on my system.  I'm not about fork over any more money to those rip-off artists!  So now, unless I can figure out how to reconfigure the router on my own, I'm up the creek without a paddle.  Any ideas as to what settings I should look at to enable WDS before I have to return the RE2000 to where I bought it?

peonytail

Since your router already supports WDS, the RE2000 can be configured manually through wired connection or through site survey , as long as you know the current wireless settings of your router.

Jeff-S

I have the same problem.  Oh and I cut and pasted the passphrase from my E3000 wireless router setup page so I know it has to be correct.  Oh well.

hcjvanklink

the upstream is missing
aj245

I am trying to set up with Linksys E2000 router. I have tried plugging it in to several different outlets and nothing works. I keep getting the message that the Extender cannot be found. I tried on another computer as well that is hooked to the wireless network and that did not work either. HELP!

CKenneth

@aj245 Hi! You can set up the extender manually. To guide you through the setup process, you may refer to this link: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=6cd6b23a8b334b419adac16cb924c5a6_Using_Site_Survey... Hope this will help you.