Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
aiman

WRT610N as a bridge?

Is it possible to connect the WRT610N as a bridge between two location?

i.e. I got two physical networks in two offices, I want to install a wireless N access point in both sites to connect them and make them as one logical network.

Will that work?

pbcanney

Re: WRT610N as a bridge?

I use a WRT610n bridge im my detached garage to connect to my wireless N router in my house. The bridge is connected to a standalone switch which feeds a pc, NSLU2 and mp3 player.

works just like they said it would....

aiman

you mean the WET610N, right?
pbcanney

oops ... yes WET610n bridge
helm

Its not possible to Bridge WRT610N Router using the Linksys Firmware on it. As with the Linksys Firmware you don't have the option to make your Router work as a Bridge or a Repeater. To make your Router work as an bridge you need to install a DD-WRT firmware on your Router. Before you upgrade the firmware check if the DD-WRT firmware is available for your Router.

But if you Upload the DD-WRT firmware on your Router, these will voide the warranty on your Router. If suppose  while upgrade the dd-wrt firmware on your Router, and your Router is Bricked then its very hard to make your Router back working again and i doubt that you won't get the any replacement for your Router. 

So i would suggest you to get a WET610N, As these device is a Wireless Bridge and it will solve your Purpose.