androidappme
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 Setup for RE1000

There is no RE1000 set up program available for Windows 8 yet. Please fix this.
jaymay

Re: Windows 8 Setup for RE1000

Based on this link: RE1000 Frequently Asked Questions, the RE1000 is compatible with windows 8. Quoting the number 8 hardware information on that link:

The RE1000 is compatible with the following operating systems:

• Windows XP
• Windows Vista
• Windows 7
• Windows 8
• Mac OS X 10 or higher 

dickn52

Then you would be wrong, as well as whatever you read.  I have recieved no less than 3 calls back from CS/Support telling me to be patient...a fix is coming.  They know the thing won't work thru Win 8, (Can't be set up etc.) and are aware that the Win 8 rejects the software with a msg " Not supported by this OS".  Same issue with the Bridge WES610N as well.  I'll give them another week or so, then buy someone elses products.

dickn52

Thanks and yes I did try that.  Again though I point to the part in my note that says "I was told to be patient, they are working on a fix".  Of course if that was wrong, it tells me more about Linksys than I ever wanted or needed to know.

earthmyrll120288

This is expected. This is a new OS. We cannot expect this to work immediately to any software we want to install. Even with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac Mountain Lion before. What we can do is to wait. I believe software and hardware manufacturers are working so hard to make their products work with this new OS. :smileyhappy:

GaryWHolland

I was able to set up my RE1000 and I'm running Windows 8 on a desktop and an ultrabook pc. I received the same error message on my initial attempt at running the setup software. However you need to go into compatibility mode. When you run setup, instead of opening the file and executing it, right click and choose troubleshoot compatibility. You will be asked to choose which OS the setup ran correctly under previously. Choose Windows 7 and allow it to run this setup as if you were actually running Windows 7 or whatever OS you upgraded from. After the setup runs Windows 8 will ask if the program ran correctly. Say yes and it will save this for future uses of the setup program. This maybe a may be a work around and not an actual fix, but hey it did work for me!:smileyvery-happy:

@NO_SCREENNAME@

Thanks for the set up instructions. i'm running win 8 o/s and the disc said not compatable operating system. tried working with the cisco support team last night and spent two hours trying to configure setup and never could get the thing setup. tried what you said and it worked fine completed setup and up and running in two minutes flat. you should see if cisco is hiring cause they ain't got a clue on how to do a manual setup!!!!!!!

GaryWHolland

I'm happy it all worked out for you! Thanks!

dickn52

I threw my RE1000 away as it was never fixed by Cysco, and now that Cisco sold the business to Belkin I switched everything to ASUS