Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Srhenson

Wireless Repeater? or extender?

I have a WRT54G router and a WVC200 camera (Wireless). I want to install my camera approximately 350’ away from my wireless router. Currently I do not have a wireless signal where my camera will mounted. I can get about 50' from my house and the signal drops off. I have tried two differant range extenders, and a LinkSys WRT610N router as well. Is there some type of repeater or do you have a better option for me to try.   Thanks for any help........ 
vai_fan

Re: Wireless Repeater? or extender?

Try WRT610N router with an Access Point WAP4400N...
Srhenson

Thanks for the idea, Via-fan. A couple of questions though.......

1) This access point would be hard wired back to my router? Which would be very easy for me to do and would also be a clear line of sight to my camera location.

2) If it is hardwired back to the router, what is the advantage from my current router compared to this WRT610N router. I was told at Best buy when I purchased my WRT610N router, that since my camera was a G series that it wasn't going to help me all that much more than my current router ( I have taken it back and got a refundbecause I couldn't get it to work).

Does the fact that both pieces of hardware are "N", greatly improve my signal strength?

Thanks for you help...........

helm

Yes you will have Improved Singnal Strength using both the Devices.

Srhenson

Ok, sounds good to me. I'll pick both units up and give it a try.

Any idea what kind range I should expect to see, with the Access point hardwired back to the router and the access point on the outside of my house.

helm

It should give you the desired range...