Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
asad5m

how many RE1000, range expander's can i use ?

Hi,

How many   RE1000, range expander's can i use ?

Our home is constructed of a Basement, first floor and second floor.

Each floor  Area is120 Square foot = 385 Square meter

*Each floor is 115 foot in length a, 37 foot in width. And 10 foot in height.

Is it enough to buy the following product to cover the building?

One Cisco Linksys  ER4200

Two Cisco Linksys  RE1000 (Wireless-N RangeExtender/Bridge).

Looking forward for your support.

Beat regards,

Asad

quack

Re: how many RE1000, range expander's can i use ?

The RE will increase your range but the throughput will decrease by half for each subsequent RE 1000.

There are four (4) wireless settings that you need to identify on your router or access point before setting up your RE1000.

•    Wireless network name (SSID)

•    Wireless channel

•    Wireless security mode (WPA/WPA2 Personal or WEP)

•    Network key or passphrase

Here is the link for setting up the range extender:  http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=206954591ff54e36884bb4636fcfd3d9_Manually_configur...

asad5m

Thank you for your response.

Kindly.

Is  it possible  to use the built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port to extend the network  with an Ethernet  cable and  without placing the extender in an area where you still have at signal ?

I would like to Expand the network  network by running an Ethernet cable from an RE4200(Basement floor ) router to the end of  the RE1000 built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port in the second floor..

rajansarc

Can anyone help me to setup the RE1000 as the BRIDGE using  built-in Ethernet port?

I have the WiFi setup (DLink WiFi Router) in my Ground floor.

In the second floor I have setup RE1000 and can extend the WiFi signal from DLink WiFi Router in the ground floor.

If I connect my desktop computer through the  built-in Ethernet port (With Wire) of RE1000 (second floor), I could connect only the Extender (RE1000), But I could not connect the computers available in the ground floor(connected in DLink WiFi Router) from the second floor.

How to setup Ethernet Bridge?

I also find the specification like this at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45VyoqOI5k
"Includes a built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port, which works as a wireless bridge to instantly connect any wired Ethernet device to your network."

Kindly help me.

jaymay

rajansarc wrote:

Can anyone help me to setup the RE1000 as the BRIDGE using  built-in Ethernet port?

I have the WiFi setup (DLink WiFi Router) in my Ground floor.

In the second floor I have setup RE1000 and can extend the WiFi signal from DLink WiFi Router in the ground floor.

If I connect my desktop computer through the  built-in Ethernet port (With Wire) of RE1000 (second floor), I could connect only the Extender (RE1000), But I could not connect the computers available in the ground floor(connected in DLink WiFi Router) from the second floor.

How to setup Ethernet Bridge?

I also find the specification like this at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45VyoqOI5k
"Includes a built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port, which works as a wireless bridge to instantly connect any wired Ethernet device to your network."

Kindly help me.

To set it as bridged, you can just setup the wireless settings on it (the same w/ your router) and connect it to a device that you want to connect it with.