Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Linksys
Product Review

E1200 - Dropping connections

This is absolutely the worst router ever. In fact, I think all Cisco/Linksys routers are. I bought this one to replace an older Cisco/Linksys because the older one was constantly going out. Many times a day it would just drop the internet connection. It was AWFUL. I read all the reviews here and many people said they had experienced the exact same thing. But I was in a store last week and decided to pick one up there because I couldn't take the old one a day longer. Unfortunately, this was the only brand the store had. So I decided to give it a chance. It was just so hard to believe that a router from such a huge router company wouldn't work. I got it home, hooked it up and for an entire week it worked perfectly! I was so happy. I thought I had finally gotten over my router troubles. Then suddenly tonight - IT WENT OUT! Just like the old one did. Just like the reviewers here said it did for them (click and read all the 1 star reviews). It worked for a week. Now it's totally worthless.

dibbler

Re: E1200 - Dropping connections

There are many reasons why you experience poor signal or connection. Your intermittent wireless connection has a relation to the kind of setup that you have in your home or office. Is the connection dropping on all wireless computers or just one?

You have mentioned, you set the router to factory defaults and re-configured it. Did you try changing the channel on the router to 1, 6, 9 or 11? There could be an interference with other wireless devices in the network (cordless phone, microwave etc.) since they work on the same frequency.

Try this and see if that helps.

musicmanohyeah

Tech products need to be understood.  There's gotta be something wrong with your home setup. Maybe there are a whole lot of signal frequencies interfering with your poor little router's signals.

Take in consideration your microwave ovens, cordless phones or any other neighboring signals can mess up the 2.4GHz traffic.

OR, you may have your network adapters checked or something.

Product Review wrote:

This is absolutely the worst router ever. In fact, I think all Cisco/Linksys routers are. I bought this one to replace an older Cisco/Linksys because the older one was constantly going out. Many times a day it would just drop the internet connection. It was AWFUL. I read all the reviews here and many people said they had experienced the exact same thing. But I was in a store last week and decided to pick one up there because I couldn't take the old one a day longer. Unfortunately, this was the only brand the store had. So I decided to give it a chance. It was just so hard to believe that a router from such a huge router company wouldn't work. I got it home, hooked it up and for an entire week it worked perfectly! I was so happy. I thought I had finally gotten over my router troubles. Then suddenly tonight - IT WENT OUT! Just like the old one did. Just like the reviewers here said it did for them (click and read all the 1 star reviews). It worked for a week. Now it's totally worthless.

kakix8

My signal drops even I am directly connected to the router. I have other devices connected to the remaining ports  (network printer, network storage, TV streaming media device) but I am not using all of them at the same time. I tried to unplugged the other devices and kept just one ethernet cable going to my desktop and it works fine, even my laptop wireless connection is fine. I just did it few minutes ago and hopefully it will last. If unplugging other network devices is the solution, still this model of router has an issue, probably the signal or connection drops because of too many networking devices connected to the  router???

ScarletJamie

kakix8 wrote:

My signal drops even I am directly connected to the router. I have other devices connected to the remaining ports  (network printer, network storage, TV streaming media device) but I am not using all of them at the same time. I tried to unplugged the other devices and kept just one ethernet cable going to my desktop and it works fine, even my laptop wireless connection is fine. I just did it few minutes ago and hopefully it will last. If unplugging other network devices is the solution, still this model of router has an issue, probably the signal or connection drops because of too many networking devices connected to the  router???

What I can suggest is to reset the router and reconfigure. Make sure to download Cisco Connect version 1.4 from the website (it will auto update your router if needed).