Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Linksys
FacebookSupport

E1500 - Slow Download Speed.

Problem with linksys e1500 wireless,., its download speed is too slow while upload is good(wired connection is beast).,,, anyone can help me with the download speed??

vai_fan

Re: E1500 - Slow Download Speed.

Issue in hand seems to be a bit different as reviews for your Linksys router, E1500, says a different story and proves to be a better one in comparison as your Linksys E1500 router works on the Speedbooster technique which makes it different....

For reviewing your very own Linksys Router E1500, please visit:

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-E1500-Wireless-N-Router-SpeedBoost/dp/B004T9RR0E

Further, you can use a few troubleshooting steps to get better off from your wireless connection...To better understand the facts and steps to be taken, you can proceed with:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=21194

Also, for improving your wireless connection, you can use:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=3967

dibbler

I can relate to your issue and above mentioned solution justifies the troubleshooting steps to be taken, however, in addition to that i would also like to suggest you to try and install your Linksys E1500 router using the Cisco Connect Software just in case, if you are not using it....

Installation disc that came along with your router would help you in installing this router using the Cisco Connect Software, using which you can expect this router to offer you best throughput with wireless connectivity in terms of downloading and uploading of data.....

To set up your router using the Cisco Connect Software, you can use:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&docid=e30f926604334d5386685...

Also, try re-installing your router using the Cisco Connect Software, and it should help your cause....Just in case required, you can use the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.....

bohochic323

One way to resolve that issue is disabling the IPV6 feature on your computer.  One reason why the IPV6 feature slows down the download speed is because of the "translation" of the data into an IPV6 compatible form. 

If that didn't help, reset your router or reconfigure it again. 

Use these links to reconfigure your router with your ISP:

Cable ISP

DSL ISP

Static IP account

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken."
demcwill

I experienced the same problem with two E1500 routers (pathetic ~ .3Mbps download speeds over wireless, yet "full speed" 4.2Mbps upload over wireless and "full speed" over wired connections). I "fixed" by disabling WMM support (Applications & Gaming > QoS > WMM Support). Now my wireless connection is ~ 20Mbps/4.2Mbps (perfect for the current ISP subscription at the location of interest). Note: firmware was flashed to latest revision, 1.0.02, prior to any configuring.

scrooge

Upgrade the firmware to the latest one which can be downloaded from this link

After the firmware upgrade, reset the router by pressing and holding the reset button for 30-40 seconds.

Reconfigure the router back from scratch which should resoove the issue.

DanaPellerin

Experienced this very same problem today. Updated the firmware, factory reset, my usual 25Mbps is now around 1Mbps. Oddly enough my upload speeds are the same. Disabling WMM is the only "fix" I've found. 

pchieffo

I had the same problem, my download speeds went to 1mbit after I updated the firmware. Disabling WMM worked for me as well.
vsidrys

Turning off WMM Support worked for me too

Jsbasara

EUREKA !!