Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Linksys
FacebookSupport

E4200 - How to configure the Verizon modem/router to work with Linksys router

Tencruise Zoerel i bought E4200 wireless router. it works perfectly on Comcast Broadband.After a month i switch to DSL Verizon, this router didnt respond....Is it compatible to Verizon DSL??

-------------------------------------
Cisco Linksys Hi there, unfortunately with DSL, the E4200 won't work directly with the modem router your network provided. However, I think there is a work around by disabling the wireless on your Verizon modem router. We can ask our support team how to do this when they

-------------------------------------
Tencruise Zoerel thanks for the response.. I am anxiously waiting for your help.

forsaken

Re: E4200 - How to configure the Verizon modem/router to work with Linksys router

Let me know that the Verizon modem/router is a wireless Modem/Router or wired Modem/Router? If you want to configure the router with the help of the CD so for that you need to uninstall the existing Cisco Connect Software from the computer if there...

Reset the Router and power cycle the network...Make the following connectivity – Connect the Modem with the Router’s Internet port and then connect the Computer with any one of the Ethernet port of the Router [Numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4]... Then install the Cisco Connect Software... It will help you in configuring the Router...

Otherwise you can configure it manually as well… Since the Internet Connection that you have is a DSL connection so you have to do the following:
# Open up the browser and on the address bar type 192.168.1.1 that will open up the Router setup page…

# Look for the Local IP Address and change it to 192.168.2.1 …

# Click Save Settings...

# Then Click on wireless Tab create the Wireless Network Name SSID and select the channel to 6, 9, and 11… Click Save Settings...

# Then Click on Wireless Security sub tab and select the security mode and provide the password as per the requirement… Click Save Settings...

# Click on Status Tab on the Router Setup page check if Internet IP Address has numbers or values. If the Internet IP Address has numbers, the computer should now be able to access the Internet. If the IP address is all zeroes, enable PPPoE on the router…

Then do the following steps:

# Under the Setup tab set the Internet Connection Type to PPPoE.

# Enter the Username and Password that your ISP provided, including the domain in the User Name field If necessary. Click Save Settings

# Click the Status tab then look for Login Status and check if it says Connected.  If it’s connected, you should be able to access the Internet.

# Reset the wireless setting you have to follow…

This was the configuration of the Router E4200…