Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Linksys
FacebookSupport

Linksys driver - Windows 8

How does Linksys not have drivers for Windows 8. It wasn't a surprise windows 8 was coming out but you still don't have drivers for your customers who upgrade there computers to the latest operating system.

Expert
zee29

Re: Linksys driver - Windows 8

We have asked this same question when windows 7 was released before. How can a big company not catch up with the latest releases? I came to understand that since there are many devices that linksys manufactures, one cannot expect that by the time a new OS will come out, new drivers will also be released. With so many requests that's being sent cisco's way, it will take them a while to release new drivers. But the good thing is, from what I have notices (starting with XP-win 7) most drivers will work even with a new OS. And if they don't, we can always report it so that they can release an official driver for that specific OS. And although they do not advise it, there still the generic drivers form the OS that will make your device work with the windows OS.

Walsan

For my WRTUSB600 (V1) is a driver 4.0.1 in Windows 8 available. This driver doesn's work at all;

5Ghz isn't available and the speed is degreased from about 100 mbps to 20 mbps on a 120 mbps internet line.

Serviceline from Cisco has no answer to solve the problem. 

ylime1984

Right. Trying to help you out here but the model you've mentioned is quite unfamiliar. Could you please provide the correct model and hardware version of the device?

Walsan

wusb600n v1 

jaymay

I agree with what zee29 said. Linksys has a lot of devices that they manufacture so it if ever there's a new firmware that will be released, it would really take time for them to develop a new driver for that certain OS. But windows 8 is using the same platform used by the windows 7 operating system so the drivers for windows 7 should work with windows 8.

Do you have another computer that is running on windows 8 operating system? Perhaps you could try to install the adapter on another computer running on windows 8.

Walsan

The older driver for Win7 (3.0.10.0) is working properly. So for Linksys; announce that driver version 3.0.10.0 is good for Windows8.

Your reaction, cisco has many products so it is a lot of work making drivers,  is no excuse. Linksys knows Windows8 will come before everyone else does. So they can build a good driver or test an old driver before the new operating system is on the market. 

But for now, it works!