I thought I'd share this with you all, as it was such an easy fix to my problem. For 3 days, I tried and tried to get my camera set up. It would work perfectly if it was plugged into the router (wireless DLink), but as soon as I tried to use it wirelessly, it stopped working (Sololink and the desktop record/view application). I searched and tried all suggestions....I even took it back and exchanged it for a new one. Nothing worked. Finally, I was at my wit's end, so I called technical support, and amazingly enough, the very first SIMPLE thing we tried worked - I had been using WEP encryption but was typing in my code with "normal" as opposed to "hex" (I think that's what they are: 0-9 and a-f) characters - then my router would convert them. In Sololink setup, I was using the passcode generator thing to create the hex code. WELL, apparently, the codes can be generated differently!!!! I changed my code to contain only 0-9 and a-f, didn't use the passcode generator thingy, and it worked like a charm!!!!!!! Hopefully this post will help someone else and save them a few days worth of grief.