Linksys EZXS88W problem

[ Edited ]
I am not sure what exactly to do. This is the first place I went to for some advice. I just bought the Linksys EZXS88W Router. My PC connects to it fine from the Cable Modem, but when I plug the XBOX 360 in at the same time in a different port on the router, Microsoft is telling me that I dont have a valid IP Address. Is this a firewall problem or what? I am really into PC's and what not, but have never ventured into the realm of networking and internet connections. If anyone could help me out, that would be outstanding....please

Re: Linksys EZXS88W problem

No. The EZXS88W is a switch/hub. Not a router. You connect all devices directly to the internet. Your ISP only lets you use a single IP address at a time. You'll need a wired or wireless router not a switch to share a single public IP address with multiple local devices.

Re: Linksys EZXS88W problem gv said correctly if you want to use multiple devices in the network to share internet connection you need to have a router .. the switch / hub is used to only expand the network ..