cheech3398

Port Forwarding for EZXS88W Workgroup Switch

Hello, I have the Linksys ezxs88w router and cant find a helpfile for port forwarding. I know the ports that I need forwarded, but don't know how to go about doing it. I run XP on an HP laptop. Thanks for the help.
toomanydoubts

Re: Port Forwarding for EZXS88W Workgroup Switch

u cannot forward any ports on a switch, the device u r using frm linksys is a switch.
which has no web interface where u can make all those settings.
cheech3398

Would this explain why I cant print or share through my home network and cannot host a game in Warcraft III?
toomanydoubts

first tell me what is the router u r using ,
where is ur switch connected to ?
Expert
Expert

No. The switch is a dumb device. It simply forwards packets. It does not filter anything. If you have some networking issues inside your LAN it is probably a configuration issue on the computers. If you have gaming issues you have to configure port forwarding on your router.

Maybe it would help if you would describe your setup exactly, i.e. the internet connection, which devices you have connected how to the internet, etc.
toomanydoubts

possibly it could be an issue with the firmware on the router u r using
u may need to upgrade the firmware
cheech3398

Okay I am not networking savvy, but my setup is as follows: Main computer connected to what I believe is a Cisco Hub. (Its Cisco, i just dont know if it s a hub or not haha). Linksys EZXS88W connected to that. Three other computers connected through the switch. Ive never been able to host a game online, although I can join one. I have a new wireless router that I am about to try to setup, but unsure whether it will work. Thanks again
Expert
Expert

The switch is not your problem. It is either the Cisco or whatever the cisco is connected to. Try to unplug the cisco. Connect everything to the linksys and wire the uplink of the cisco to the linksys. If everything still works the cisco is a hub. If not it is most likely a router. With your normal current setup, open a command prompt window on a computer, enter "ipconfig /all" and copy the output of that command into your next post. Then we'll see how your computers get internet.