pretzelb

Power adapter for ezxs16w 3v 4a ok?

I know this is a stupid question but I'm a moron when it comes to electrical currents. The power adapter for the ezxs16w is a 3.3v 5a but I was wondering if a 3v 4a would also work. The one with my switch broke (it makes a loud noise so I thought best to not use it anymore) and I have another power adapter from a battery charger that I could use. Not sure if it's ok to use one that has lower volts and amps or if that's a hazard.
brickmonkey

Re: Power adapter for ezxs16w 3v 4a ok?

Hi… The carrier of the signals in the Ethernet cable is electric pluses. I don’t think any lower or higher voltage electric source can be use instead of the one specified, as this may result in unrecognized electric pluses, that may be interpreted as collision by CSMA/CD protocol. So I would suggest you to get the Power Adapter that works with the correct electric specification.

pretzelb

I figured it wasn't a good idea. Only problem is that it's nearly impossible to find an exact replacement. I checked quite a few sites and could not find a match. I saw other posts where people recommended Radio Shack or the like but they don't carry anything near the same stats and neither do any other similar electronics store.
cg03026

I experienced the same problem. Not a power supply to be found anywhere. The terribly unpleasant people at Linksys LITERALLY told me I was "SOL"

They don't make inventory or sell that power supply anymore, nor offer any suggestions where to locate one. They told me to go "Google" for it. Yeah, right!

I am buying D-Link, now. If Linksys won't support their products, why buy from them. For goodness sakes they have loads of competition and they don't deserve my business.
msterling

Yup, Google it. Took about 9-sec to find more than one on Ebay. Cheap too. http://cgi.ebay.com/3-3V-AC-DC-power-adapter-for-Linksys-EZXS16W-switch_W0QQitemZ260099184286QQcmdZViewItem