SLM224G admin web page with Firefox

Hi. I cannot acces my SLM22G administation page using a Firefox browser. Is there a fireware update available to fixe this issue? The switch seems otherwise functional since I manage to find load a page using IE. But that is not an option since IE doesn't works on the operatings systems I daily use.

Re: SLM224G admin web page with Firefox

Make sure that the firmware version is 1.0.1
Based on the firmware release notes:
-Using Mozilla Firefox Web Browser:
(a) Install Firefox "IE Tab" add-ons. The latest version is available at https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/
(b) Select Tools --> IE Tab. Add in the IP address of switches to Sites Filters
    (e.g. ?http://172.18.1.27?   accepts wildcard http://172.18.1.*).
(c) Ensure that cookies are enabled, by clicking "enable" for "All sites to set cookies" under Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies.

Be careful with IE tab because it actually load Internet Explorer and thats not something you want to do, would-you? And that extension only runs on a specific operating system. I works with several OS but none of them are binary compatible with it. So how can I manage my router.

I too use a unix only environment and find it offensive that linksys seems to be promoting one OS and one browser. I hope this is resolved in the next firmware release (using a SRW2008MP)

I have been able to get around the problem with IE4Linux, but that really isn't a solution, and Linksys should be able to program for more than one browser.

[ Edited ]

Apparently the switch doesn't support SNMP, and you have to use Internet Explorer to configure it. Firmware update PLEASE to resolve both issues! These are nice switches, but for the price range I'd certainly expect more.

NOTE: I just called tech support and they say this switch does support SNMP but couldn't tell me anything other than to read the manual, which I have but haven't found anything other than a definition of OID and SNMP in the glossary.

Message Edited by viinc on 05-01-2008 08:30 AM

Same **bleep**t here. Is there no chance to get a new Bios for this Switch? I only have a server with Ubuntu 8.04 and a don't want to install anything IE ore something. Really bull**bleep**t !!!
dis

maybe there's at least somewhere some kind of officially available lcli- and/or ios-documentation for those customers that have bought some network-devices but don't have any windows-machines installed?

(so far i haven't found any on linksys' site)