Highlighted

Verizon router and Velops Bridge Mode or not- help with set up

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a verizon router MI424WR.   The router is connected by cable, not by an ethernet connection. It is now through Frontier communication.  I have an apple time machine connected to that and multiple AirPort Express's throughout the house as extenders.

I purchased the  (Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi System, Tri-Band, 3-Pack White (AC6600).

I was hoping to get some guidance from the group on the best way to set things up. 

Will the node recognize the router? Do I need to worry about PPOE during the set up

I'm not sure if I need to switch into bridge mode. I have a dvr camera system and have  a dyn host  address which is plugged into the verizon router (dyn.com)

I would sure appreciate any guidance. 

Thanks in advance

Expert

Re: Verizon router and Velops Bridge Mode or not- help with set up

[ Edited ]

@Familyman5821 wrote:

I have a verizon router MI424WR.   The router is connected by cable, not by an ethernet connection. It is now through Frontier communication.  I have an apple time machine connected to that and multiple AirPort Express's throughout the house as extenders.

I purchased the  (Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi System, Tri-Band, 3-Pack White (AC6600).

I was hoping to get some guidance from the group on the best way to set things up. 

Will the node recognize the router? Do I need to worry about PPOE during the set up

I'm not sure if I need to switch into bridge mode. I have a dvr camera system and have  a dyn host  address which is plugged into the verizon router (dyn.com)

I would sure appreciate any guidance. 

Thanks in advance

Hi

As a starting place please see

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=217437

For setup instructions.

Please post any problems you encounter.

Z