Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous

How to reset PAP2-NA

I have a PAP2-NA phone adapter I forgot the password please tell me how can I clear the password. TIA
Anonymous

Re: How to reset PAP2-NA

Hi, hope this helps. Got it from their techsupport.

All non-default settings will be lost, this includes network and service provider data.  In resetting the device, dial ****73738 enter 1 to confirm or enter * (star) to cancel.  Phone adapter will prompt for confirmation.  After confirming, you will hear "Option Successful".  Hang up.  Unit will reboot and all parameters will be set to factory default values.

:smileywink:

Anonymous

[ Edited ]
However, if you reset the device, wouldn't it still ask for a password...

Message Edited by cheekissh on 05-16-2006 09:21 AM

XeSolutions

that doesn't work as I am having the same problem as I forgot my admin password but when you dial the ****73738 it asks for admin password which I don't know........
SPAWN_06

The PAP2 as you may have been informed after it has been provisioned by Vonage uses a propreitary firmware that locks the device once activated and subscribed to them. You would not be able to unlock this part since it would only be Vonage's prerogative to do so. As part of their terms and conditions. If in case the device has been proven faulty already by a Linksys technician, Vonage will be the one to replace the device since that has been already provisioned. I actually got my device replaced with Vonage as instructed after Linksys pronounced my PAP2 dead... No power... No nada... :smileywink: Hopefully you can get yours also. Goodluck! :smileyvery-happy:
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
XeSolutions

SPAWN_06 we are referiing to the -NA version which is not locked to any provider I've never used mine with vonage I use it wit viatalk.com
XeSolutions

Here is just my 2 cents.. I think Linksys Messed up on the -NA atleast should either have had a reset button... or should have a backup password that you can get from Linksys Support.... cause now I have 4 devices that are just paperweights now cause I forgot my password and Linksys wont replace them cause I got them off ebay so I am out over $200.
Brenda

XeSolutions wrote:
SPAWN_06 we are referiing to the -NA version which is not locked to any provider I've never used mine with vonage I use it wit viatalk.com

But if you have used it with viatalk.com that would mean that you have provisioned the PAP2-NA to them. and have set up a password that only them can provide.  the reset "****73738" works for me... :smileywink:

*MyPOV*

[ Edited ]
no Brenda I've already talked to Viatalk and they don't provision devices not provided by them hence why I had to set everything up myself... So they don't have a password.....

and I tried ****73738 and don't work for me cause it asks for the Admin Password which I don't remember :'(

Message Edited by XeSolutions on 07-25-2006 05:44 AM

alben

I HAVE A NEW PAP2T, AND I DONT REMEMBER CHANGING ANY USER OR PASSWORD, NOW I CANT GET IN TO THE CONFIGURATION , I TRIED DIALING ****73738 AS SOON I ENTER THE SECOND ASTERIK I GET THE BUSY TONE LINE.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP