Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
petez69

PAP2-NA firmware

Hello ALL

I have recently purchased a PAP2-NA unit (product name on the internal web server is PAP2-SG), it appears to have firmware 2.0.10(lsc) installed.  I've gone to the Linksys site and cant work otu if its a version 1 or 2 unit ?

I note that version 1.0 has version 3.x firmware and version 2.0 only has GPL firmware available.

Am I running the latest firmware or should I upgrade ?  Very confused.

Cheers..Pete

P.S thanks for any responses in advance!

NervusBre_kdown

Re: PAP2-NA firmware

In the linksys website there are only 2 versions, version 1 and version 2. The version 1 has the latest firmware and version 2 does not have any firmware at all, it is the GPL code of the device, it is not a firmware.

Before downloading the firmware please check the version number on the white sticker at the back. If you see PAP2-na without version number that means you have version 1 then you may download the latest firmware in our website.

petez69

Thanks for the speedy feedback.  There is nothing after the PAP2-NA so I'll flash it and see how it goes....

Thankyou..Pete
jgombos

[ Edited ]

I downloaded the firmware for the pap2-na v1, and it's a tarball of C code. There is no exe or bin file, as mentioned here, and there seems to be no documentation. I tried running make on the Makefile, and was told:

make: *** No rule to make target `pap2/sip_pap2_1.00.13/TI_Build.make'. Stop.make: *** No rule to make target `pap2/sip_pap2_1.00.13/TI_Build.make'. Stop.

There is a readme with a one-line blurb about a cross compiler. Anyone have a direct link to the latest binary image?

[edit]  Nevermind, I found it.  Not sure how I ended up with the source code in the first place.  But now that I have it, I'm interested.. how do I build this thing?  I can think of some useful mods.
Message Edited by jgombos on 03-08-2009 01:39 PM
csalcedo

Where did you find the firmware ??? I cant seem to find it...

Thanks

jgombos

csalcedo wrote:

Where did you find the firmware ??? I cant seem to find it...

Thanks

I can't find it now; the site is pretty screwed up.  Search comes up empty, and sitemap is useless.  I was able to get to the source code again though by clicking on GPL.