Daniel01

SPA2102 dial tone > no use

Hi,

I've recently changed my router, and since then though I have dial tone and I can receive calls, they don't connect. When calling, it isn't actually dialing the number, and when answering, there is no sound though it says it's connected. Before changing the router it worked fine. Is there any settings I need to adjust on it to make this work?

Thanks.

networxs

Re: SPA2102 dial tone > no use

By default, all router ports are closed to incoming traffic. You'll have to forward VoIP ports on your new router. Check your VoIP provider's website or google search it. Normally, VONAGE suggest forwarding  5060-5070 and 10000-25000 UDP ports.

Hope this helps!

Daniel01

Re: SPA2102 dial tone > no use

I tried opening those ports and it did not work. I then tried opening all ports from 1k to 30k and it did not solve the problem.Both previous and new routers were made by the same brand, and I've tried resetting both router and VoIP adapter to no avail. Also, when someone calls the phone, even though I answer, the one who called doesn't know that. I don't know if that's useful or not for solving the problem...