GAPF1

UTA200-TM Confusion!

Hi.  I'm having problems configuring my new UTA200-TM.  I have managed to get it to work, but not with all the functionality i.e. can't access the webpage, etc.

I have a server, running WHS, with webpage access to some basic functions.  When I had the VoIP adapter between my modem and my Netgear WPN824 router, I was unable to access the WHS webpage.

Since then, I've tried various configurations, including connecting the modem to the router, then adding the adapter as a device off the router.  That seemed to work too, but then I was unable to access the adapter webpage!

Has anyone found the ideal combination, static IP versus DHCP, that works best with an existing DHCP router?

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power, just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
castor

Re: UTA200-TM Confusion!

How you are trying to access the setup page of UTA200-TM? To access the setup page of your UTA200-TM your computer should be connected to your UTA200-TM. Open an Internet Explorer browser page on a computer hard wired to the router...
In the address bar type - 192.168.29.1...In the Username & Password use admin in lower case...This will allow you to access the setup page of your UTA200-TM.

Well if you have small computer network, then you can set all your computer to get the IP address from the DHCP server. If your large number of computers then you need set a Static ip on all the computers, so that they dont get conflict with each other. 

GAPF1

Re: UTA200-TM Confusion!

Hi castor, and thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

I have a number of different devices attached to my network, and all are allocated static IP, from the Netgear router.  This includes allocating a static IP to the UTA200-TM.  When I look at the devices attached to the router, the UTA200-TM somehow picks up a different IP, AND has a different MAC address!  So, I have the MAC address of the UTA200-TM, from the sticker on the bottom of the unit.  Yet, when it attaches to the router, it seemingly increments, by 1, both the assigned IP, and it's MAC address.  How can this happen?!

I've tried accessing the unit via all possible IP addresses, but no luck.  And yes, I am directly wired into the UTA200-TM!

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power, just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.