jeremyliu

no dial tone of sipura spa1001 unless pc is on

I have a sipura spa1001 adapter, registered in china. i can use it without any problem only pc connected to the same router is tuned on. Once pc tune off, no dial tone after 1 hour. what's wrong with adapter or router?
bigdaddyt

Re: no dial tone of sipura spa1001 unless pc is on

Hi jeremyliu,

May I know who is your Internet Service Provider? It might be that you have a PPPoE connection manager installed on your computer. If that is the case, you need to setup PPPoE on the router that you have.

Hope this helps.

jeremyliu

Hi bigdaddyt,

The provider is AT&T. And 2wire gateway has an on-board PPPoE client. This is default setting.

dfever

I assumed that your 2wire is modem/router because if it's a modem only then naturally you'll be getting a single IP address from it. Since you said that it's a Gateway, then it is working as a modem/router. You will be able to connect more than 1 device in the router such as a computer or ATA device, etc. Each device will obtain IP address from the gateway and should be unique so there's no way to create a conflict to each other. If you can isolate the problem by connecting 2 computers in your gateway, I would suggest to do so and verify if both will connect to the internet at the same time. If same problem, you need to verify the physical connection or it could be a problem in your 2wire device.
jeremyliu

Yes. 2wire is modem/router connecting 2 wired desktops, 1 wireless laptop, and 1 VoIP adapter. Any pc can connect to the internet separately or at the same time. VoIP adapter works when ANY pc turns on. Once ALL pcs shut down, no more dial tone after 30 minutes. It seems 2wire sleeping. I don't know which device could be problem.
bigdaddyt

I think we need to do isolations here. Try to connect the SPA1001 on different router.

Scorpio-cz

Hello Jeremyliu,

you may be actualy very correct, the modem could fall asleep after some period of inactivity.

What about changing "NAT Keepalive Enable" to YES, Keepalive message $NOTIFY, Keepalive dest. $PROXY

(All those settings are in the Line tab of your SPA-1001).

Effect of the above will be that every (by default) 15s SPA-1001 will send the keepalive message, and shall receive reply.

This shall (hopefully) prevent the 2wire modem/router from falling asleep.

jeremyliu

Tried changing "NAT keepalive enable" to YES. Still same issue.

By the way, I tried another SPA1001 and another 2wire modem/router. same problem.

jeremyliu

tried, but same problem