Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bpgreen
Accepted Solution

CIT200 shows disconnected

My CIT200 shows disconnected all the time. The usb device will find it if I page and it will show in use for a little while so it seems that the phone is connecting with the USB device. The CIT200 icon in the task bar says connected, so it seems to be connecting there. So why does the phone show disconnected?
bpgreen

Re: CIT200 shows disconnected

I tried connecting it to a different PC while rebooting this one. It shows online on the other PC and seems to be working correctly.

Oddly enough, even though the device is not connected, it displays connected in the status bar.

bpgreen

It seems to be related to my MajicJack device. If it's plugged in, the CIT200 "thinks" it's also plugged in. If the MajicJack isn't plugged in, the CIT200 will not connect.
eepro

Normally the MajicJack device should not affect the CIT200. Try to double check your setup. You may visit linksys.com/kb and look for Answer ID 5072.

bpgreen

I reinstalled the driver, restarted the CIT200 and it works. I think I may need to make sure it starts before the majicjack, but I was able to have both connected and working at the same time once I reinstalled the drivers and restarted the software.
bpgreen

After further testing, I think I've determined that I need to start with the MagicJack disconnected, let the CIT driver load, then plug in the magicjack.

If the magicjack is connected at startup, CIT200 fails. If I connect it after the CIT200 app loads, everything works.

R. Dyer

Hi, My CIT200 is showing disconected although everything seems to have launched ok. I am using XP. It has been working perfectly, so I'm mystified......what is the 'magicjack' never heard of it. i have triedallowing the CIT200to launch, then recognising and launching Skype itself saying  'successful'.

It is driving me crazy trying to find up to date drivers. Tried here where it says 'drivers', then version....giving you only version1....then a list of non-existent drivers...how hrad can it be?

If anyone can help I' be really grateful

Cheers 

ronboy

If you have MSN Messenger running it will cause the problem of "not availabe" contacts on your screen. You will have to uncheck the option in messenger to not start up when windows does. Otherwise you can't use skype. This happened with the latest upgrade to messenger!

awang44

R. Dyer wrote:

Hi, My CIT200 is showing disconected although everything seems to have launched ok. I am using XP. It has been working perfectly, so I'm mystified......what is the 'magicjack' never heard of it. i have triedallowing the CIT200to launch, then recognising and launching Skype itself saying  'successful'.

It is driving me crazy trying to find up to date drivers. Tried here where it says 'drivers', then version....giving you only version1....then a list of non-existent drivers...how hrad can it be?

If anyone can help I' be really grateful

Cheers 

My problem is the same as the above.

It has been working good for ages, then one day I just can not get it out of disconnect mode.

If I unplug and plug the usb module, I will see skype being connection on the hand unit for about 1 minute, then disconnect.

Please help!

Thank you.

tonyadams5

I had same problem.

tried all the solutions but still dont work.

so i removed the battery and voila now it works perfectly.

so remove the handset battery then the unit will work with latest skype software also.

wbr