dtj1987
Accepted Solution

CIT300 Questions

Hi all.  I did a search for this but hear some conflicting answers.

I am considering purchasing a CIT300 and have a couple of questions.

First - When doing anything with Skype on the Cordless phone, will the Skype software pop up on the P.C. screen and interrupt whatever anyone is doing at the time?  I have a Philips USB phone that does this, but it doesnt have its own screen so it just controls my Skype Software from the phone, so I'm wondering if the CIT300 will do the same thing.  I had heard it would, but it wasn't definite.

My second question is - Can the phone be configured so that someone can listen to music on the computer while I'm talking on Skype?

That's all I wanted to ask and hope to hear soon.  I may consider buying this if I like what I hear.  I would go with the CIT400 but it's so darned expensive for me!

Thanks!

dtj1987

Re: CIT300 Questions

Okay, for my second question I just came across this.

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5102

However, do I have to do this each time?  Or will this be a permenant solution so that I can talk on the phone and play music whenever I like without the hassle of switching audio settings each time?

Corleone

1. When doing anything with Skype on the Cordless phone, the Skype software will not pop up on the P.C. screen...

2. When you check the option 'Use only default devices' it should save it permanently and you will not have to do this each time when you use the phone...
dtj1987

Great.  Looks like the display is backlit too which is a plus.

Thank you for your information!  I will definitely be buying this.

BTW, has a CIT500 been announced or anything?

Thanks again!