Rtruelove

CIT300 no dial tone

I've just started using Skype and purchased the CIT300 phone.  I've successfully made the Skype Test Call, but I cannot get a normal dial tone for making a land line call.  Any ideas?
dibbler

Re: CIT300 no dial tone

Well once you press “call” key did you get dial tone?? To make a landline calls you need to dial 00, 001 or + country code >> area code >> phone number try one of these option and check whether it works or not.

Rtruelove

When I press the call button, I do not get a dial tone.  I think that we have determined that the problem may be that I'm plugging the base into a digital telephone line and it may require an analog telephone line.  At this point I'm not sure that this is the problem.
dibbler

[ Edited ]

May be that could be the issues…try connecting analog phone line check whether it works or not…also are you able to make landline calls from computer connecting headset without CIT300?? Have you registered skype in and skype out service??

Message Edited by dibbler on 05-21-200711:29 AM

Message Edited by dibbler on 05-21-200711:29 AM

Rtruelove

The problem has been resolved by connecting the CIT300 to an analog telephone line.  It would have been nice to know that an analog line was required instead of just being instructed to connect the base to the telephone line.
rbreid2004

Re: CIT300 no dial tone\ I can dial out, this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
I dont know why this was so hard, but it took me 6 months to figure it out, even though i have'nt been trying really hard, I just figured I got scammed, and used the phone through the skype out contact list. NOT ANYMORE. This was so simple.
It is also in the manual. I mistook the skype button for the green call button. It is not the same. I hope this clears up the problem for others with the same problem. This is a great phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in North America, (United States)
1) Hold down the 0 key until the + sign is displayed on screen.
2) press the 1 key
3) dial the area code
4) dial the phone number
5) press the "SKYPE" key at the bottom center of phone.
6) That's it, you hear the dial tone, it dials the number and you are connected to that number.

Thanks Lynksys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by rbreid2004 on 02-25-2008 08:29 AM

Message Edited by rbreid2004 on 02-25-2008 09:21 AM
bobvisanji

Re: CIT300 no dial tone\ I can dial out, this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I agree this is a great phone, BUT I have found that unless people realise it, some of those who have purchased skype monthly plans, could end up paying their normal phone company instead of utilising the skype subscription.

Heres what I found. I live in UK. My CIT300 is connected to my PC, with Skype running happily. My CIT300 is also connected to the analogue phone line, as per the instructions.

If I place the call using the CALL button after entering the number, the call is routed via the landline, and I end up paying for it to my phone company. If I initiate the call via the Skype button, it goes via skype.

This usage of two different buttons is not at all clear in the documentation. I have taken the precaution of disconnecting the phone line from this phone until I get used to it. I have no desire to pay twice for my call. I already have paid to skype.

One other thing, can someone work out how to avoid having to enter the 0044 prefix (for uk) or whichever country you happen to be calling most! It gets tiring having to key this in every time. Surely there must be a way of choosing an option somewhere, whereby this is prefixed on all numbers you enter. (fo US it will be 001 or 0011 I think. Perhaps the next update to the device driver?

Message Edited by bobvisanji on 12-07-2008 06:13 AM