borjs

CIT310 Problem

I installed this one and after that I cant make any calls now using the Yahoo voip. Handset doesnt even work either.
I have Windows XP SP2 and I normally can calls on any mobile anywhere in the world but after installing the CD that comes with the package I cant make any calls anymore. I have enough credit on my account.
When I try to dial a number from handset it just says "Call ended".

Any suggestion guys.
Wizzard

Re: CIT310 Problem

As you able to make outgoing calls thru  the computer this means that the VoIp service is wortking. You can try one thing uninstall the CIT310 completely from the computer. Restart the computer and then install it once again.
Also make sure that the audio settings on  the computer are set to CIT310.
borjs

Wizzard wrote:
As you able to make outgoing calls thru the computer this means that the VoIp service is wortking. You can try one thing uninstall the CIT310 completely from the computer. Restart the computer and then install it once again.
Also make sure that the audio settings on the computer are set to CIT310.

I have installed and reinstalled again. I also tried installing on a second laptop.

When I dialled from the handset it just terminates and says call ended.

What am i doing wrong? I am using XP SP2 and Toshiba Laptop and Dell Laptop but I can't make it to work.

When you say make sure the audio settings on the computer are set to CIT310 what do you mean?

Please help.
Wizzard

hi...one last thing u can try is , uninstalling the program and reinstalling the latest drivers from www.linksys.com/download .. can't think of anything else at this moment ..
Katadare

Just wondering, are you making a international call?
Cause I found that you can't call international calls out of your country because you can't put that + sign in the number.

For Example, if you have it set to US as your locale, calling Australia would cut me off after one ring. But if you set your locale to Australia, you can call no problem.

Its a hassle... kinda pisses me off... hopefully they'll fix it in the next update (*hint hint* Linksys)

To change locales, go to your yahoo messenger, click prefs, then Voice, and change from US to wherever.

Let me know if that works.

As a side, note... Vista and the CIT310 is kinda weird too...
borjs

IOh I figured this one out beffore reading your post. Im wondering why when you dial with 00 instead of "+" number it wont work at all.

This is really terrible.

Are we doing something wrong or the keypad wont produce the + character to dial a number?

This is really strange.
Katadare

yeah, I can't get the + either...

So do you change the locale now to make international calls?
Or is there a shortcut or something that will allow me to call international calls without having to go to my computer?

Thanks!
borjs

I have to change locale to dial international numbers. this is not good at all. i thought the phone is defective but i have two and both are the same so it must be a feature?????

i dont know and i cant see any documentation that says about it.
fredy2k

[ Edited ]
You don't need + to dial. Just dial 011 international area code and the city code and the phone numbers and press the left happy face button.Good luck!

Message Edited by fredy2k on 05-12-200704:22 PM

fredy2k

No need to use + for international call.Just dial 011 international area code and city code and the phone numbers. And press the left happy face button.