Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
i-grd

CIT310 & Yahoo Messenger Ver 9 issue

Hi all,

Today I upgraded my YM Ver 8 to Final version 9.0. Since then I receive unexpected termination error message whenever I load CIT310 program. It was working smoothly before upgrading and I think that I have to downgrade again to Ver 8 unless a new fix comes for YM ver 9 from Linksys. My system is Vista Ultimate.

Please let me know if there is any solution.

Thanks
KangKong

Re: CIT310 & Yahoo Messenger Ver 9 issue

As you have mentioned, a new firmware might be a fix for this since YM 9 has just been released. Let's just wait for their release.
i-grd

Has anyone installed YM Ver 9.0 (Final release) and able to use CIT310 without problem?
ShadowMastr

I ran into, and posted this issue when trying out the beta of ym9.

It will work, if you DON'T CLOSE the error message box that pops up. As long as you don't close the error window, it works just fine. Of course you can't minimize the error window, but you can drag it to the bottom or side of your screen so it isn't too obnoxious.

Other than that, we can only hope we get an updated driver or firmware for the phone.
Follow Your Bliss - Joseph Cambell
NickLsys

[ Edited ]
ShadowMastr,

Have you been able to complete an actual phone call with YM9/CIT310? I see that many things work such as the CIT310 detecting correctly if I'm Online, Busy, Offline on YM9; I can also call a regular number and hear it ringing but I can not transmit my voice or receive the voice of the person I'm trying to talk to.

In fact the voice is being routed only to my PC's audio card. I checked all the possible settings under "Preferences/Calling and Devices" and nothing is working.

I didn't have any problems with YM8/CIT310. I did follow your advice of not closing the error window (Runtime Error!) but I have not been able to transmit or receive voice via the CIT310.

Message Edited by NickLsys on 10-06-2008 12:52 PM
ShadowMastr

[ Edited ]
hmm... well, I guess I made the mistake of assuming it was all working, it looked like it was, and I got dialtones, etc.

I reinstalled version 8 of YM after a day or so of getting tired of seeing the error window in my taskbar anyway.

I'm sorry it wasn't working out for you, I suppose reverting back to version 8 is the only recourse at the moment.

I guess QC at Linksys/Cisco on this particular phone isn't an issue for them.

Contact tech support to make sure they are even aware of the problem, as these forums are basically for us to 'share our experiences', and who knows if they are even checked for things like this.

Message Edited by ShadowMastr on 10-06-2008 04:23 PM
Follow Your Bliss - Joseph Cambell
NickLsys

I participated earlier today in a chat with the Yahoo Messenger 9.0 team (they called it the 9.0 Workshop) and I submitted twice a question related to the CIT310 VoIP not working with YM9.

They ignored my question but answered a question from another user about his Webcam camera not working anymore with YM9.

A similar situation about hardware not working with the YM9 version. The answer of the Yahoo team was to uninstall and reinstall YM9 (not sure what that would accomplish) or download the latest software of the manufacturer of the hardware.

Based on those answers I think that Yahoo is completely uninterested on helping to solve our problem with CIT310 not working with YM9.

Our only hope is for Linksys to do something about it and deliver a software upgrade (an updated CIT310.exe). For the time being I guess we'll have to continue using YM8.
Joey Coco

I have been using the CIT310 with Yahoo Messenger v9 all along, and it has worked fine from the beginning - no error messages, nothing.
simmonc1

Had the same problem with a visual C++ termination error message when I up graded to messenger 9.  Discovered by accident if I didn't close the error message box I could make calls.  The solution you suggested is correct. That is, if you got on start-up, messages on you screen saying you are connected. If you are not getting these messages then there is another problem. I did notice after a period of time, maybe 40 minutes or more,  with the phone sitting on it's base and the error message still open, I could not make a call out,  Had to restart, leaving error message open and it worked.  I did notice the next day,  for the first time, an error message log was created.  Lot doesn't make sense to me but if Yayhoo really wanted to solve this problem, they would ask for the logs.

The easist way to test your phone, if you have a regular landline phone with answering machine,  is to call your own number.  If you hear the message you set up for when the phone is not answered, then you know one part is working.  Leave yourself a message.  Better yet, before testing, set up the answering machine so you can hear the message when it is left.  If you hear yourself through the answering machine speaker then you know that part is working.

submetropolis

I downgraded to Yahoo messenger 8 and my CIT310 works fine now. Anyone try 10 yet?