nibb

CIT400 Freezes

[ Edited ]
I have a CIT400 device and it freezes. After 5 minutes it shows in the screen Starting... And it stays there for ever. I have to unplug it and plug the power again so it works 5 more minutes. Firmware is updated. It just loses connection when i ping the device. It doesnt stay more then 5 or 10 minutes until it hangs. Can someone help me or explain this?

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance. Thank you.)

Message Edited by Vince_02 on 08-22-2007 11:00 PM
nibb

Re: CIT400 Freezes

Is it a warm up issue, software? Can someone help? When the unit Starts itself again (and the screen just stays there) i notice that is completely loses connection. Since it does it after some minutes i just make a ping to the local IP of the device, then it suddenly disconnectes
nibb

[ Edited ]
Now the unit doesnt work at all anymore. You call and it disconnects after 30 seconds. I returned this unit to Amazon.com.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance. Thank you.)

Message Edited by Vince_02 on 08-22-2007 11:05 PM
nibb

I fixed my phone. 1 day online until know. This is what i did. I use 220 V, so i had to use an adaptor since the phone comes with 110 default. So first i changed the power adaptor to a bigger one, i think maybe the one that comes with the phone warms to much, i buyed a new one and put the exact volts, second i buyed new batteries since the ones that came with the phone did not charged anymore after 2 times of charging them. And second the most important and i think this fixed the phone, i replaced my D-link router for a new one. I went to amazon.com and buyed the Linksys Wireless G router. I really suspect the problem was my router. I paid 60$ more or less for the Linksys router but that fixed the freezing, same brand as the phone so it works. Somebody in the skype forum told me it could be the router and i think he was right. My Dlink router was very old and a cheap one, 25$ 4 years ago. I hope this help all other guys outhere. But i still also suspect it could be the power adaptor. The next test will be to let the linksys router on, but with the factory Cit400 power adaptor. Bye!
BigRedOne

My phone appeared to freeze up, temporarily, when I first set it up, when it started working again I realized it had downloaded my "Contacts" list from skype.  I guess it just took a couple of minutes for the phone to complete this task.
Oyibo

Not to sure it has to do with the router issue. I am using a brand new WRT300N and my screen just sits there "System is starting up" my guess is there's is software issue in the system. I am just 5 meters from the base, connection is good, skype works fine on all the computers in my home network, including mobile devices. It must be something in the system that is wrong.
nibb

Yes, it could be your router. If your router is making a packet coaliton with the Skype base. I had this problem in huge, i posted everywhere on the internet, no solution. My skype phone was crap. Now that i have plugged to the Wireless Router i bought from Linksys it works like a charm. More then 40 days online This is what i did and you should. Test it with another router? Still it freezes? Test it with another power outlets, maybe then one that comes with it are to small and warm up. Test it without pluggin it to the local phone line. Well i think i could discard the power adaptors now since i switched back to the originals and still it works, i frozed up again after some day but now its back again fine. My guess it 90% its a router problem. I changed my old router and it worked. I also dont have connected it to the phone line anymore, so maybe i will try one month with it connected to the phone line again. Im killing posible problems. My guess now is 90% its your router. Get a Linksys and im sure it will work. I did for me and i already had the phone in package ready to send it back.