kdeweeh
Hi Everyone, I have a question. I just purchased the CIT400 and have a cable modem. Do I need a router, as well? I can't seem to get an answer from Dell(where I purchased it) or Linksys. Can someone help me? I have no dial tone and it continuously says no connection. Thanks. Kaye
Peter Wilson

Re: CIT400

The CIT400 needs one (or two) connection(s) to work:
  1. An ethernet connection which ultimately gets its own IP address and provides connectivity to the Internet.  You will probably need a router for this connection.
  2. An optional POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) connection - in other words, an wired landline telephone connection. 

Connection 1 is necessary if you wish to allow the CIT400 to have access to Skype.

Connection 2 is necessary if you wish to allow the CIT400 to have access to your wired telephone line (if you have one).

kdeweeh

Thanks so much; guess I will be buying a router. You answered several questions for me. Thanks again. Kaye
Hanamichi

If you need more info about the CIT400 or needs some troubleshooting guides later on, better go to www.linksys.com/kb and select VoIP under products then CIT400. Click on search and read on the articles. This Linksys KBase site really helps me a lot that is why I am recommending it to beginners and enthusiast like me.

pretzel19

Yes that's right that link helped me as well.