Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
peteco

Losing speed from cable modem when connecting a SPA2102 ATA between modem and WRT310N router

[ Edited ]

I have a system with a cable modem providing a downlink speed of 36Mbps. If I connect only my WRT310N router to the cable modem the max speed at the ports (4 each) is 25Mbps. If I now connect a SPA 2102 ATA in between the router and cable modem I can only get 5Mbps out of the router or ATA. I have spent many hours with Linksys support trying to be able to use the ATA after the router with no luck at all. Linksys says it can't be done.

So the question is how to get more speed out of the ATA and also how to improve speed out of the Router? Why is the speed so limited and how can I improve it. Best, how can I use this ATA behind or after my N router?

I prefer the following installation:

Modem - Router - ATA - Computer network (wireless and hard wired)

But if Linksys is correct I guess I am stuck with following and need to improve speed:

Modem - ATA - router - Computer network (wireless and hard wired)

Thanks for the help.

(Mod note: Removed non-public information. Thank you.)

Message Edited by Vince_02 on 01-16-2009 07:26 AM
eepro

Re: Losing speed from cable modem when connecting a SPA2102 ATA between modem and WRT310N router

Try to connect the spa2102 behind the wrt310n. On the wrt310n you need to disable all firewall option on the security tab and open port 5060 and 5061 under port range forwarding on applications and gaming tab. You may visit linksys.com/kb and look for Answer ID 5242 regarding opening ports on the wrt54g to make spa2100 work behind it. The device is different but the concept is the same.