Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Davide999

Roaming Wip330

Is WIP330 roaming device? i have 3 AP on the network roaming capability, same ssid, same security, and setting. But wip330 dont'work well.

Any idea?

Thx 4 help.

marcoscu

Re: Roaming Wip330

It should work on any normally configured Hot Spot at a airport, hotel etc via the web browser log on. It should work on any domestic wireless network with the appropriate ports forwarded. I use mine on three home networks I have access to and have used it in hotels and airports across the world with no problems.

Assuming you can make calls on your usual wireless network OK then
if you can log on to other networks and are assigned an IP number then it may be a port forwarding issue. On the left hand side of the WIP330 screen you will see the SSID of the local network you are connected to; if you can see this but can't make or receive calls then it is most likely a port forwarding or firewall issue.
http://wip330.110mb.com/
NervusBre_kdown

it would be great if you give us some feedbacks if forwarding ports worked for you
marcoscu

Firstly, you need to assign your phone a static IP number to be sure ports are forwarded from the correct IP for the phone each time you reboot your router.
The actual ports you need to forward will depend on your indiviual VOIP provider. In my case I have forwarded ports 5060 (common to most VOIP providers) and 5004.
Your router may well have a setting which allows one device to bypass the router firewall and have a direct connection to the internet. If you have this setting then all ports will automatically connect from the WIP330 to the internet.
Davide999

Maybe I have not been clear. In our company we have three Access Points and one SIP server. The telephone is regularly connected to any access point, just logging into the SIP server. By acting in this way the device is able to effect and receive calls like an extension of the switchboard. However, it may happen that moving inside the company, on different APs the telephone roaming doesn't occurr. I point you out that we are currently using Wifi voip telephones of other brands, which regulary work in roaming on all the company AP. Actually the problem doesn't lie in the configuration or in the AP. It doesnt concerns either the SIP or the Network (firewall, port forwarding, etc). It is only a question of configurating (if possible) the WIP330 roaming. Since there is no record of this function either in the manual or in the varius telephone menu (for ex. the threshold in db for the start of the roaming research function), I just wanted to know if such a function is or will be implemented or if it is no available at all. Rdgs
marcoscu

Sorry, I misunderstood your meaning. To be honest I really don't know if it will seamlessly roam from AP to AP. It may treat each AP as a new network. It will automatically connect to any network it can find but as to if it can do this without dropping any active calls etc who knows. If it does not specifically claim to do so then my guess would be that it does not.
You could always try contact Linksys support, but don't hold your breath..