Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JBSanD

SPA922 Factory Reset Procedure Does Not Work

Is there a hard reset option?

Thanks!

voip_101

Re: SPA922 Factory Reset Procedure Does Not Work

hi! the fatory reset option on the Menu is already the hard reset on the device...what do you mean by it does not work? if this device has been provisioned by a provider previously and you want to overwrite some settings but you are unable to, then it means that the device has been locked to that provider. a company may make changes to various settings thru provisioning and they can prevent you from seeing the settings or making changes by setting a password. 
------------------------------------
| isolate! isolate! isolate! |
JBSanD

Linksys FAQ states:

4:   Lost web password for SPA device
To reset your SPA device to the factory default values, unplug your Ethernet cable, access the voice menu (****), and press 73738#.

Leaving power on the phone of course, and unplugging the Ethernet doesn't allow access to voice menu via (****); I am able to access the phone menu and select 8.VoiceMail which prompts for the password, but entering 73738# returns a wrong password response.

We received 10 of these phones from our property managers as a signing bonus for our new offices because they new these phones would work with our voip services.  Half of the phones did not have passwords and are already configured along side our Polycom SIP Phones, the remaining have this password issue.

My definition of potential hard boot process as an example; is holding down some sort of a rest button or internal jumper setting and powering it up to clear the onboard PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, etc.

Thanks for your response!

voip_101

that hard reset mentioned on the FAQ site is applicable to the VoIP adapters like SPA2102/3102/3000/1001 etc.  SPA9xx IP phones' reset is through the Menu on the LCD. there's no reset buttons on the IP phones nor any jumper settings that I know of (unless someone out there has tried it)

those 5 phones that have password issues has been locked by a provider or its' previous owner -- if you can have it replaced then do so

JBSanD

The property managers said the previous tenant did a midnight disappearing act leaving the phones, so there is no chance of getting passwords from them. 

Hate to just toss them away, but there seems to be no other option.

Thanks for your feedback!

voip_101

that's too bad...maybe you can try this recovery tool.. i forgot to mention it last time..just download it from the link below, extract the file and run it..select Recover Firmware..hopefullt if it communicates with your SPA it also totally deletes all previous config

http://www.sipura.net/download/rec942.zip

btw: even though this is for SPA942 it can also be used in SPA922 IP phones :smileyhappy:

leonardo07746

hey voip do you have an utility for spa922, this one posted here by you doesn't work for SPa922
mE FROM cUBA