Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Leigh101

WIP 310 Corporate Directory and CCM ver 6.1

Hello People,

I have a WIP310 on our CCM system and I am just trying to get the Corporate Dieectory to work thru the phone. Firstly is it possible? Secondly if so what settings should I be focusing on to make sure they are correct?

Thanks

Leigh

gandalf

Re: WIP 310 Corporate Directory and CCM ver 6.1

Try this - 

1. Navigate to Corporate Directory in the Settings menu, and press the Select button...

2. The phone looks for the corporate directory. If it finds entries, a list appears.

3. Press the Up or Down Arrow key to navigate to a name.

4. Press the Call button to place the call. (To edit the number before calling, press Options. Edit the number, then press the Call button.)

Press the Back soft key to move back one screen. Press the power/End Call button to return to the Home screen...Hope this helps...

Leigh101

Yes tHanks for that Gandalf,

However the phone is not finding the info from the Call Manager to display the Corporate Directory on the screen. I am trying to get the correct settings so I can use the Corporate Directory menu option.

Thank

Leigh

fope

Hello Leigh,

i see that you were able to connect the WIP 310 with CUCM 6. Do you have a short instruction how you did that? We do not find any configuration properties on the phone to add the CUCM addresses for Auto registration or something similar. Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Peter

CUCM Admin Beginner

Leigh101

Hello Peter,

The settings for SIP are made via the Web page for the phone. When you have logged into the phone via the web page you can change to admin login by clicking on ADMIN LOGIN in the right hand corner of the screen in small blue letters. This will allow you to access the menues to set up your sip settings for call manager.

Any other problems let me know

Cheers

Leigh

fope

Hello Leigh,

I've played around with that settings already. I configured on the page "Ext1" in the Field "Proxy" the IP-Address of our CUCM but the phone is unable to register. Is this the correct place to configure the CUCM settings? Any chance to get a screenthot from your configuration with the CUCM? That would make it much more easier. We already searched the web for the configuration but were not able to find anything useful.

BTW: Do you know, do we have to preconfigure the phone on the CUCM or should it Auto-Register? I'm unsure if SIP-Phone can do an auto-register on the CUCM

Thanks!

Peter

Leigh101

Hello Peter,

You wil need to create an end user and digest passwords in CUCM that match the name and passwords that you have given to you phone. The sip phone will then use these to register with CUCM. The sip phone that you have created on CUCM will need to have the end user and digest user assigned to it. 

I will send screen shots on friday when I get back into my office

Cheers

Leigh 

fope

Hello Leigh,

thanks for your message. I was able to add the WIP310 to our CUCM successfully. I found a document on the Cisco Website where this process was described: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

Now new problems are here :-)

The phone is ringig, but we have no voice. Neither when a call is made to or from the phone. Now we are unsure if there are problems with our phone or if there are some other problems.

Thanks for you help annyway!

Peter

Leigh101

Sorry Peter ,

Been a little hectic at work last couple of weeks. Are you still having problems with you phone?

Cheers

Leigh

fope

Hello Leigh,

thanks for your question. We were able to successfully connect the phone with the CUCM. But we are not really happy with the WLAN quality. In the same aera an 7921 has excellent voice-quality, but the WIP310 looses the connection. Were you able to access the corporate directory?

Thanks!