binarydaddy

"No Service" for Aastra 480i through WET54GS5 to WRT54GS...Need Assistance.

My company purchased an IP Phone System and several of us are attempting to telecommute.  Our Trixbox Pro System is setup with an internal IP that is forwarded through a Cisco PIX firewall.

I know that the phones need to have a special address for the TFTP Server in order to register outside of the local network.  This was why the phones would initially fail to register period.

Now they are registered, but show "No Service" on them.  They show our extension name and number as they do in the office but no dialtone.

I am using a WET54GS5 between the phone and my WRT54GS.  Knowing what I do of VoIP and SIP Service, I set my WRT54GS to forward UDP ports 5060-5061, 53-53, 69-69 and 10000-20000.  I also set my phone to a static IP to allow the forwarding to take place.

Are there any other settings I am missing in the WRT54GS?  Or do I need to add additional settings to my WET54GS5?  Or Both??

Please Advise.

eepro

Re: "No Service" for Aastra 480i through WET54GS5 to WRT54GS...Need Assistance.

I believe all you need to do on the router is to forward the ports. You can try using dmz for troubleshooting purpose to make sure the router is not blocking any ports. On the wet54gs5 you can try upgrading firmware if there is one, but beside that I believe there are no settings that needs to be configured.
binarydaddy

Re: "No Service" for Aastra 480i through WET54GS5 to WRT54GS...Need Assistance.

I forwarded all of the ports.  Still reads, "No Service".  The phone registers...but no connectivity with server.  I ended up removing the WET54GS5 from the equation and still no dice.

Keep in mind...the server has an internal IP.  the DNS server address on the phone routes to the internal address 192.168.x.x just fine. 

I am pretty sure it is something on the PIX side of things because I took my router out of the equation and had my phone directly to the modem which gives a DHCP address anyway and still nothing.

I know the router is forwarding all of the ports as well so at this point...what is the issue?  Still lost.