mrip

AG310 - VoIP Clock problem breaks my phone's internal clock

My new AG310 DSL Modem with router and voip has a problem. The router has an NTP configuration in the "Setup" page, which works fine; in the Status page it shows the MAC address etc, and the current date an time. So that's fine. Now this thing has a sipura 3002 or similar inside; the configuration is accessible from within the router configuration pages, in Setup > Voice Now every time the router reboots, the "sipura" inside this dsl modem shows in the INFO page "1/1/2003 12:00:00"; in the "REGIONAL" configuration page I can set the Date and Time manually (and also the time saving zone etc), however there is no NTP setting inside the "Voice" configuration. The original Sipura firmware did have one, under SYSTEM. I assumed that the Voice module synces date and tme with the router module but this is not working. Further, my DECT phone set's its clock from the caller id signal that the AG310 sends it, which is the 1/1/2003 12:0:0 date & time. Anyone else ran into this problem? is this a software bug? thanks
me_grimlock

Re: AG310 - VoIP Clock problem breaks my phone's internal clock

similar to the SPA2102, the voice section should be abe to get the routers NTP server time. IT should also be the time disaplayed in the info tab for the unit.

have you alreayd updated the firmware for the modem?

mrip

Yes, I'm using the latest 1.00.04. I also have an spa2102 actually, which I replaced with the ag310. the 2102 had an NTP configuration setting, the ag310 voice config looks pretty much the same as a 1-port sipura, but they removed the NTP config from the voice config tabs. However the sipura-like Voice subsystem still has its own independent clock, doesn't share the router's. Maybe they just snapped in a sipura board inside this modem, i don't know. In any case every time u reboot the thing you have to go to the voice config, and manually set the voice date & time, otherwise it screws the connected Phone date & time. very annoying. hopefully they'll fix it. the linksys support tech says they will. we'll see...
mrpark

I have the AG310 here also and it's got the same issue w/losing the time for voice after rebooting.  I have updated to the latest firmware v1.00.04 (10/27/07) and the clock is reset to so it's still an issue.  Any update Linksys?

FWIW -  I really like the AG310, it's a nice compact all-in-one device (except WLAN).
mrip

Hi, I did open a case with Linksys, they took note of the problem, but then "nothing happened", this was months ago. Other than this little nuisance, the ag310 is great. I set it up the day I bought it for both DSL and VoIP, and voila, never an issue. I hope we will get a fix at some point. But I also hope the new firmware will not break the rock solid stability I'm getting.
mpiar

FWIW - I just called Linksys on this issue and the support tech told me that there is going to be a firmware upgrade to add the NTP functionality to the AG310 so system resets won't mess with the time anymore.  Fingers crossed here...
nasmork

Almost 9 months since Linksys promised a firmware upgrade for AG310. As for me, i cannot use it's voice features because of wrong clock/NTP as my voip provider has problems with wrong date/time on sip messages. Linksys, could you please update us all as of when an update is expected?

Thanks