Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bajalorena
I had my RT31P2 working with my Vonage account and my DSL, and brought the router with me on an extended vacation. I am trying to get it to work with high speed internet on cable. I thought all I had to do was plug it in, but that doesn't work. Do I need to reconfigure something?
Cable modem to laptop works fine, cable modem to rouuter to laptop .......... says it is connected but cannot open any web page. And phone doesn't work...........
Any advise is appreciated.
tricky1

Re: RT31P2

My first guess would be that the new installaion requires different kind of configuration towards the internet, like protocol, (host) names, password or such settings.

have a look at the router configuration page, study what the status page shows (in detail), ask linksys and vonage telephone support??

You need to access the setup page of the router and change the "Internet connection type" to "Automatic DHC configuration" then save the changes. After that look for the "Mac Address Clone" tab(sub tab for Setup Tab). Enable the "MAC Clone" then hit "Clone PC's MAC" then save the settings. Go to the status page of the router and check if your getting a public IP under the Internet IP address. If your getting public IP, your router should be good to go (Internet and VoIP)

I have the same issue, I don't get the setup page to change the configuration. But when I disconnect the router from PC, I get message 'No LAN connection'. I assume there is some activity going on between PC and router, but I don't get setup page using 192.168.15.1. The router used to work for me, but it's not now. Appreciate any help.

reset the router first and check if you are getting an IP from the router itself....if you can't open the page even now, reduce your NIC speed to 10Mbps and try again.
hfawaz

[ Edited ]
The RT31P2 router part seems to be working fine, however, the Voice Status is offline and can not find anything on the Voice page to setup the VoIP service! Can anyone help...

Message Edited by hfawaz on 07-03-2007 12:46 PM
Rowena

hi there,

if ever the internet is working through the router, make sure that u call first your voice provider so that they can configure the voice connection specially if its locked up...linksys tech support can assist you set the voice if you have the user account from your voice company to set up the voice connection...

call voice provider first ok?....
india