Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Troubled2
I have a RTP300-UK its a v1.1, its new although I bought it some time ago, I'm just trying to set it up now. Ive searched the net for help, but all the talk seems to be of Vonage products, I don't see any mention of Vonage anywhere on my device in the packaging or in the GUI, am I safe to assume it is a unlocked device ?

I have access to the firmware update page and the voice pages, but cant see how to set it up for VOIP and theres no mention of it in the documentation.

How do I provision it ?

My provider does not do this and I wouldn't want them to as I will connect to Trixbox, where do I enter the settings ?
Troubled2

Re: RTP300

lol, would you believe it, Ive spent hours on this and within minutes of asking I found the 'admin login' button on the voice page. Ive got it temporarily connected to a computer running 800x600 so the button was off the right of the screen.

Is there any documentation for any of these settings ? I can't believe they would sell a unlocked device and leave you to guess at the settings.
blitzjaice

[ Edited ]
You can actually configure the device via its web interface, and its nice to know that you've already accessed its admin and advance settings. If you are to connect that to a Trixbox, three thing are initially needed.

You will need the user ID, equivalent password, and the proxy server, sometimes an outbound proxy is also needed.

The user ID is the number you will assign to the RTP300, Proxy would be the IP address or URL of the Trixbox. This settings can be entered under the Line tab of the device. If I'm not mistaken, under the subscriber information and proxy and registration.

Hope this helps to get you started.

Message Edited by blitzjaice on 07-24-2007 09:51 AM
Troubled2

Thanks I got it setup and working, it took two minutes once I got into the voice section. It was just one of those days, trying to find the right passwords, thinking it may be a locked device, then finding the voice login section was off the side of the screen.

Ive got it behind another router, I just hooked the WAN port into a port on my switch, turned the firewall, DHCP server, routing, NAT etc. off and I can access it without the web server turned on. Ive seen some more advanced networking for it when behind a router, but this seems to fullfill my needs as I just want the FXS function.

Ive still got a couple of questions though.

Is there anyway to get a XML file for it so I can mess around with the settings and just revert to a older copy if needed rather than remembering which settings Ive adjusted on the GUI.

Are any of these settings in the voice section documented, theres a lot of them some of which make sense, some I can probably figure out, but some which are a mystery.
blitzjaice

Not sure where you can get a XML file for this. I believe the file is generated by a program distributed by Linksys.

Try www.sipura.com/support. They have documents as well as FAQ's here that define the basic voip function. Can't say if all you need is here but at least its a start.
Troubled2

Thanks for your help,  I'll have a look through the docs there.