Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bobbshields

SPA 3102- Blinking power LED

Hello all, I am a brand new member of the forum.  I am having issues with my SPA 3102 which I received 3 days ago.  It was working when it arrived from newegg and I started by disabling the router functions (changed the LAN IP and disabled DHCP.)  I did not upgrade the firmware.  The device rebooted, but was still causing issues on my network.  When trying to reach the internet through the active home router, it would take me to the SPA's troubleshooting page, telling me that the WAN port had no access.  This was strange, and I ended up unplugging the device as a temporary fix.  I was then able to use my normal gateway.

Now the device does not negotiate on the LAN or WAN ports.  It does not light up the port on the switch.  I have tried different cables, switches, and ports on those switches, but nothing has worked.  There is an error code on the power LED, it flashes green and blank in a constant pattern.  According to this file, the router/gateway is writing to flash.  The blinking does not stop after numerous power cycles and manual reboots through the IVR.  I have been able to reset the SPA3102 to the default factory settings, and have confirmed the operation since the internal IP has been reset to the gateway IP (192.168.0.1) instead of my previous settings.  

So basically the gateway is alive and thinking since it has IVR functions, but both ethernet ports are inactive.  It is apparently writing something to flash and there is no documentation to cover this.  I have been scouring the web for a solution but it seems that I am the first with this issue.  Linksys SB Support was unable to help me today.  They sent me some user manuals and the troubleshooting section is mostly a joke.  Please assist, I have already been issued an RMA and will be sending this device back in another day or two.  I just hate to wait another week to receive and use this product. 

bobbshields

Re: SPA 3102- Blinking power LED

More information:  the firmware is version 3.3.6.   The WAN port is set to DHCP and is plugged into a network on a Class A private address scheme (10.2.X.X) with an active and tested DHCP service.  The WAN address reports as 0.0.0.0, and the LAN address is 192.168.0.1.  The LAN port is directly connected to my MacBook en0 device, with a static IP of 192.168.0.5, but the en0 adapter is not active even after 'sudo ifconfig en0 up.'  

Also I now believe I was incorrect earlier; the flashing LED seems last about a half second, which means (1) instead of (2):  

1. Slow Blinking ( 0.5s ON, 0.5s OFF continuous)

a) System Initialization, only happens when the SPA bootup could be up to 10 seconds (hw reboot), or short <2 seconds for warm reboot

b) Firmware downloading;

c) Looking for DHCP

2. Fast Blinking (0.1s ON, 0.1s OFF continuous)

a) Writing firmware to flash 

I will be connecting this directly to a M$ machine to attempt a firmware upgrade with the Linksys upgrade utility.  For now, I must work on other projects.  

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bobb 

blueiced

I Could recommend you to reset the device. Using the IVR on the Phone ****73738#   press 1 to confirm. then that should reset the device to its factory defualt settings. After that do a power cycle. If the device doesnt get solid power light I could recommend to do a firmware a upgrade or a reflash.

I Hope this helps

bobbshields

"The blinking does not stop after numerous power cycles and manual reboots through the IVR.  I have been able to reset the SPA3102 to the default factory settings, and have confirmed the operation since the internal IP has been reset to the gateway IP (192.168.0.1) instead of my previous settings."

I did the user settings reset first, and then I tried the factory settings reset about 5 times through the IVR.  It never brought up the ethernet device so I was unable to flash newer firmware.   It was sent back under RMA at lunchtime today.  

Thanks for your reply!