Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Marigothill

SPA3102 - VoIP-to-PSTN gateway and other "fine-tuning"

Hi there,

I have the following setup:

a Talkswitch 244 VS as my PBX-system with two regular telephone lines,

a spa 3102 at my shop location, a regular line connected and a wireless bridge to my office (with the talkswitch) on the WAN-port and a simple regular phone connected to the SPA.

So, the shop is connected via line1 and the bridge as an internal VoIP extension.

At shop hours, PSTN calls will be picked up at the shop, after hours, the PSTN-to VoIP-gateway picks up and dials a ring group.

That's all fine, but now the question 1:

I want to use the PSTN-line in the shop in case the two lines connected to the Talkswitch are busy.

I have read in the manual, that it should be possible to register the PSTN as a separate VoIP line, but I don't know how to get this to work.

Question no 2 is most likely rather simple:

the VoIP extension (151) at the shop has a voicemail box, and on all other extensions connected to the talkswitch you either see an indicatior on the display if you have a new message, or you hear a different dial tone.

When you pick up the phone in the shop you hear the tone from the SPA, but not from the switch, so they have to dial their own extension number periodically to access the voice mail to find out, whether there is a new message or not. Any ideas, how to solve that.

Thanks in advance for hints and solutions.

Henning

thatheth

Re: SPA3102 - VoIP-to-PSTN gateway and other "fine-tuning"

I suggest contacting Cisco Tech support to further look into your concern. I believe this unit belongs to the business series devices that Cisco is now supporting. Try to go to this link for the other business series devices and the site where you can get hold of Cisco for support:

http://www.cisco.com/web/products/linksys/index.html

Marigothill

Re: SPA3102 - VoIP-to-PSTN gateway and other "fine-tuning"

Fair enough, but from what I have seen on the cisco website, they don't really support the end user without having a contract number or something like that.

I have see a lot of email threads on this forum reg SPA3102, unfortunately nothing, what would have helped me so far.