Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jerree

SPA8000 One-Way Audio Problem

Hi,

I'm runing the latest SPA8000 firmware, Ver 6.1.3, but having a one-way audio problem on ports 2-8; port 1, however, appears to be working okay. I have many different ITSPs and many different setup configurations for each port, ruling out the possiblitiy of a configuation or ITSP issue (problem appears to be related to the SPA8000).

The One-Way audio problem is discussed in an earlier firmware release (notes) and only partially corrected in the current release. My experience and testing indicates a possible problem with the master port (port 1) not forwarding packets properly to the remaining ports (2-8) over the SPA8000's internal LAN.

The problem is such that 5 to 10 minutes into a call the voice signal on the inbound line is lost (not heard) but the outbound line is fine. The call still stays up (not disconnected) except that the voice signal is suddenly lost on the inbound path; outbound side is unaffected (the other party can still hear you).

Any help or insight appreciated. Thanks, Jerree

me_grimlock

Re: SPA8000 One-Way Audio Problem

seems like youve alrady isolated the problem. Here are jsut some suggestions just incase you have not tried it yet.

set the RTP packet size form 0.030 to 0.020.   this is found on the SIP TAB

set the SEND RESP TO SRC PORT to YES - this is found on the SIP TAB

Jerree

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response and suggestion. I'll try your suggestion, as indicated in your message, hopefully, in next few days, and let you know what happens.

Thanks again, Jerree

me_grimlock

your welcome, good luck then

BigZane

Good Morning-

I am able to duplicate this same issue. I have made the sugested changes to both the Ptimer setting and Respond to source port for NAT. In changing the RTP port MIN and Mx we were able to resolve the issue so far. I ahve changed back to the default RTP port min and max setting sonce the SPA8000 is pulled out of the box. One question I am I am still trying to resolve is the following:

Was my fix the RTP port Min and Max change or did putting the SPA8000 on a Private Static IP instead of DHCp fix or do nothing to solve this issue? Does anyone else have these issues using the current fimrware? or was it blind luck that nboth removing NAT and changing the RTP port Min and Max back to default solve the issue?

Please let me know and I hope all is well

Zane

wild_qwerty

We are having a similar problem and have been unable to resolve it so far. The direction of the one way audio is the opposite though, we can hear the external people but they can not hear us. The problem is intermittent and only occurs at random intervals, we really need some help with this issue as the customer is getting pretty mad with us right now.

Thanks