Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
migoblu

WRT54GP2 security settings for HP Ipaq 111 handheld

I have a home wireless network, using a Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router. I'm trying to secure the network, with has 3 wireless systems, my home PC, a notebook, and my Ipaq 111. I can get my home PC and the notebook to work when I setup the WRT54GP2 router using Authentication: WPA-Pre-Shared Key and Data Encryption: TKIP, but the Ipaq 111 will not even see the router with any security setting. When the security settings for the Linksys Wireless Router WRT54GP2 are disabled the Ipaq 111 sees the router and connects to the internet.

The HP Ipaq 111 handheld has the following security options: Authentication: Open, Shared, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK. Data Encryption: Disabled, WEP, TKIP, AES.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get the Ipaq 111 to work on the secured Linksys WRT54GP2 router?

Thanks for any help.

John
Gollum

Re: WRT54GP2 security settings for HP Ipaq 111 handheld

On your Router setup page, Click on the Wireless tab and below change the Wireless Channel to 11-2.462GHz and click on Save Settings, then click on the Sub tab Advanced Wireless Settings and below Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect to it on your Ipaq.

migoblu

Re: WRT54GP2 security settings for HP Ipaq 111 handheld

Gollum, thanks for your reply. I changed the channel to 11 first and then checked to see if my wireless devices would connect to the router with the security enabled, All the devices worked fine and I now have a secure wireless network, thanks to you. Thanks for all your help.

John