bloodbath

WRTU54G-TM, Xbox Live, and Piggybacking?

I have the WRTU54G-TM router with the dreaded 1.0.21 firmware.  When I am connected to Xbox Live, I am intermittently disconnected.  I am able to reconnect almost immdeiately, but since I'm kicked from my game, it becomes extremely annoying.  Is this a result of the firmware or something else? 

Also, I was thinking of buying another router and piggybacking the WRTU54G-TM router to it.  What I want to do is use the new router for wireless connections and have the WRTU54G-TM attached only for my VOIP service.  If the WRTU54G-TM router is the culprit of my Xbox Live woes, I hope this might help fix it until the firmware can be updated.  So is this possible?  

Thanks for any and all help.

Wizzard

Re: WRTU54G-TM, Xbox Live, and Piggybacking?

Is your XBOX is Wired or its Wireless to the Router?

On your Router setup page change the MTU size to 1365 and click on Save Settings.... Then again click on the "Security" tab and below Uncheck "Block Anonymous Internet Request" and click on Save Settings. 

Then click on the Wireless tab and below change the Wireless Channel to 11-2.462GHz and let the Wireless SSID Broadcast should be Enable. Click on the Sub tab under wireless "Advance Wireless Settings" and below Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect... I think this should fix your problem.