Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Zmir

EG1032 v3.0 for Windows 7

Planning to try out the Windows 7 RC, but according to windows 7 upgrade advisor, this is the only thing that it says will give me a problem.

Has any1 tried using this network adapter driver with windows 7? does it work?

Carrot

Re: EG1032 v3.0 for Windows 7

Download Driver 2.72 MB and install the Gigabit Network Adapter on your Windows7 computer...If you have no luck installing the adapter using this driver then you cannot use the adapter on your Windows7...
GN1
GN1

Registered to say that you can indeed use the EG1032 v3 with W7.

Install card, open up control panel, device manager, scroll down to unrecognised network adaptor, right click,update driver software, choose browse my computer ....., choose let me pick ............, scroll down to Realtek, from right hand choice box choose 8169/8110 Family ........., Next and let W7 install your drivers. It works.

There is an updated driver available from Realtek also, just go to their site, search for 8169 and choose downloads. Click on the link which takes you to the download page, your driver is about half way down the page. Can`t post a link as it`s a pop up window :smileywink:

lolanubislol

THIS IS THE ANSWER TO YOUR WINDOWS 7 Driver Problem... 

"Registered to say that you can indeed use the EG1032 v3 with W7.

Install card, open up control panel, device manager, scroll down to unrecognised network adaptor, right click,update driver software, choose browse my computer ....., choose let me pick ............, scroll down to Realtek, from right hand choice box choose 8169/8110 Family ........., Next and let W7 install your drivers. It works."

~ Problems installing EG1032 on Windows 7, installing EG1032 Driver, EG1032 Driver, EG1032 driver for Windows 7 ~

Thanks allot GN1. 

I tried downloading the drivers from realtek, i tried downloading the drivers from linksys, and i tried using the drivers from the cd when i had vista. but since i installed windows 7(64) ultimate the only thing that worked is that right there. his instructions are brief to the point and i feel still easy to follow.

The driver he says to use in its entirety is "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)"  you may have to scroll down quite a bit to find it.

Redasima

Registered to reply to the above poster.

I just moved but I'm still using the same router and the computer is fine, just my drivers somehow disappeared for my NIC card and I've been searching for an answer here. I stumbled upon this post and decided to try it but to no avail. Realtek has taken "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)" off their site...

Every single mirror I've gone to always leads back to Realtek.com and gives me the error page so I can't get the driver to even see if the instructions given worked. If anybody can give any assistance in this situation, that'd be great.

GN1
GN1

@Red

M8, you don't need to download an updated driver for the NIC to work, the drivers already exist on your "disc"

I'll repeat instructions again for clarity:

Open up Control Panel, left click on Device Manager, left click on small triangle beside Network Adapters to expand tree, right click on your device (obviously, will be unknown with yellow exclamation mark beside it as no drivers are loaded),from drop-down list, select Update Driver Software, select the bottom option "Browse my computer for driver software", now choose bottom option again "Let me choose from a list etc etc ...." , ensure there is no tick in the box beside "Show Compatible hardware". Now scroll down the list in the left hand pane until you come to precisely Realtek, NB, NOT Realtek Semiconductor corps for example. Now look to right-hand pane and scroll down until you see Realtek RTL8169/8110Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20) and left click it, now click next. Ignore any warnings about incompatibility etc, OK to continue, drivers will now load.

Total digression here but are folk realising that for all we paid (OK, many moons ago) a premium for a Linksys product, the chipset is the cheap and cheerful Realtek, support by Linksys removed? There is a reason, it is low-grade and low-tech and in many circumstances, the motherboard NIC will outperform the now out-dated EG1032, particularly if you have something like a Marvell Yukon. Unless you rely on a gigabet ethernet for data transfer, I would seriously consider sticking with the motherboard NIC, not adding extra workload to the PCI-bus etc is even only one plus to seriously consider, this just my 10p though :smileywink:

vikramjairam

Your suggestion worked for Windows server 2008 x64 as well on my development machine. Thanks a bunch.
valera_mcgill2008

Hi.

Many Many Thanks for this TIP.

Apparently,Linksys has no driver available for the Windows 7.I followed your advise and it worked on my Windows 7 x64 no problem.Once OS picked it up I downloaded latest driver from Realtek and installed it. The latest Realtek Driver didn't apply new driver to the Linksys EG1032 v3 PCI card but it did replaced my build-in NIC 2009 driver  with the 2010 year driver.

MANY MANY THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU.

Linksys needs to get their act together.No Driver for this card for Windows 7 on their website is a disaster at this stage of age.

Val.:smileyvery-happy:

wellville

Frankly, it's absurd that after all this time there is still no driver from Cisco/Linksys for this product. Why are we giving them our money for problems that WE then have to solve??? Thanks to the community for the solution.

datanode

I also just registered to say this works, my OS is windows home server 2011, many thanks to GN1!!! Big fail to Linksys for not updating the drivers. I followed the steps GN1 described, but I only got 100 mbit speeds, so i downloaded drivers for the 8110 realtek card and voila.

Here the step by step

To get the card EG1032 v3.1 to work in Windows home server 2011: follow the steps GN1 described above.

After the card is recognized go to realtek site : link is here

I downloaded both Win7 32/64  and the Vista and WinServer 2008 Driver,

I tried the Vista winserver driver first.

Unpack and select update drivers in the driver panel and point to the map you unpacked the drivers in.

That should do it, my Linksys network adaptor now show up as Realtek PCI GBE Family controller and has 1 gigabit speeds

good luck