sanjacook

EtherFast 10/100

I have installed a new Linksys Ethernet card EtherFast 10/100, followed all the instruction, the computer recognizes the card - it all seems ok, except I still can't use internet. I have Cox high speed internet, and my other computer works fine. I just plug in and it works. I need help!
great_white

Re: EtherFast 10/100

When you installed the Drivers for the adapter on your computer, check if the drivers are installed perfectly on your computer. Click on Start - Run - type "devmgmt.msc" and click on Ok. Under Network Adapter check if you are able to the Linksys adapter... Right click on it and check if the Device is working properly or not.

When you connect your COX modem to the computer check whats the IP address you are getting it on your computer. Click on Start - Run - CMD  and in the Command Prompt type "ipconfig" and check whats the Ip address you are getting it on your computer. If your computer is getting Ip address from COX. Then again in the command prompt type "ping yahoo.com" and check if you are getting any Replies or not. 

If you have any firewall or Antivirus installed on your computer, disable it and check if you are able to go online.

I need help getting my linksys swict to work.  I believe I have it cabled correctly.

alishan4u90