Firmso

How to install EG1032 network adapter card/driver

Hi, I reformatted my C: drive and reinstalled Windows xp on my computer. The problem is now I am not able to access the internet. So, I'm trying to reinstall my network adapter (linksys instant gigabit network adapter model no. EG1032 ver.2) but was unsuccessful. I hope someone out there can help me. any replies welcomed. Thanks
acabanave

Re: How to install EG1032 network adapter card/driver

Do you mean you cant reinstall the driver? What is the error?
Firmso

I couldn't install the driver. I was hoping anyone would explain how to do it right if this was the case. Every time I tried to install autorun text file just opens as text. Thanks
nimzag

Try to manually install the driver. You may also download the latest driver at Linksys website. :smileyhappy:

Jim-Hill

Were you successful in manually installing the drivers? I don't have the installation info available (I read these forums because I thought I would need to buy a network adapter, and wanted to check on potential problems - but was able to use my exising network card).

However, in other cases where autorun didn't work, I used Explorer Plus (an improved aftermarket Windows Explorer) to click on the CD drive to view the contents, then double clicked on a likely looking .exe file to start the installation process.

I've had some drivers that didn't include an .exe file, and on these I used Device Manager to "update" the drivers - actually installing them for the first time. Good luck - Jim