Crimson Behelit
Accepted Solution

LNE100TX Vista 64-bit driver, get it here!

Hello Everyone.

I'm sure many of you are as frustrated as I am that Linksys has yet to provide Vista 64-bit drivers for the LNE100TX. I happen to work in the IT field and frankly there is no excuse for this. Vista has been out for two years now, and most people are buying the 64-bit version of the OS. Even more frustrating, this card is still being sold in retail outlets as a current item, WITH NO VISTA DRIVERS! Yes, it's almost unbelievable. Which is why I have decided to take matters into my own hands, since apparently, Linksys is doing jack to resolve the situation.

After doing some research, I found that the LNE100TX uses the same hardware as the "Infineon an983b". However, the 64-bit drivers are virtually impossible to find. After exhaustive research, I found out that Windows Update has 64-bit drivers for the an983b, not for Vista, but XP 64-bit. Luckily, these drivers work for Vista 64-bit as well. I have tested these drivers and they work perfectly with the LNE100TX running in Vista 64-bit. Personally, I'll never buy another Linksys product for as long as I live, but for those of you that have already made the mistake... I have provided the drivers on my personal website, so you don't have to search through Microsoft's hellishly user unfriendly update site.

Download LNE100TX Vista 64-bit compatible drivers:

http://www.mypixelstory.com/driver/lne100tx-64bit.zip

Enjoy!

Crimson Behelit

Re: LNE100TX Vista 64-bit driver, get it here!

[ Edited ]
Update: I have even modified the drivers so that it correctly lists as "Linksys LNE100TX PCI Based Fast Ethernet Adapter" in the Device Manager. If anyone has any issues installing the driver, post them here and I'll see what I can do. :smileyhappy:
Message Edited by Crimson Behelit on 06-04-2009 08:31 AM
johnherv

Hi there,

I had a problem when i tried to install it in vista64bit.  It says that windows encountered a problem installing the driver. "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Under xp 32 bit works just fine, so i know the card its not bad.Any ideas?

Thanks

lovely_01

Try reinstalling the drivers again.. there must be some issues with the system.... Check out and see if it works then....
Drawsalot

Hey thanks Crimson! Believe it or not I got this to work on Windows 7 64-bit.
f42tank

im having problems trying to update the driver i tell its in the file above on my computer and it doesnt do anything i have windows 7 64 bit
ronna

sorry to say, the link doest not work :smileysad:
rook_

It does appear the first link is now dead, since I downloaded these a while back and they got my computer's internet working, I'll be nice enough to get them uploaded to several places hoping one of the links will remain active for a while lol.

http://rook.netne.net/s/lne100tx-64bit.zip

http://www.filefront.com/15094629/lne100tx-64bit.zip

Will edit this post with more links if I mange to get it uploaded more places.

the mechanic

Went and got the driver for an983b and works great with Windows 7 64 bit. Was pulling my hair out. Thanks for the info.

kakaumaga

hey man thx could u gimme instructions i download ur file but i really dnt kno wat to do thank you mate