Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
wthkah

LNE100TX no connectivity

I am trying to install a new LNE100TX on a Dell Dimension 2400 running Windows XP home edition. The old network card on this computer was shot. I installed my old LNE100TX that has been running fine on my Dell Dimension 8400 running the same operating system. The old card works fine on both computers. It is hooked directly into my cable modem with no router. I bought a new LNE100TX card, and no matter which computer I install it in, I cannot connect to the internet. The computer says it is working fine. When I try to repair it, it says it cannot renew the IP address. I have updated drivers, and tried changing the settings from auto to all other options. I still cannot get it to work. I don't get why the old one works, and the new one doesn't. Anyone have any ideas?
Mort

Re: LNE100TX no connectivity

Check under Device Manager if the adapter is working properly or not .....

If so then check the Ip address on the Local area connection....if getting a valid Ip try going online ...... if not let me know the status ......
wthkah

Re: LNE100TX no connectivity

I did some searching through Comcast's forums, and everyone who had a similar problem was asked if they reset their cable modem. So I thought what the heck. I reset the modem, and I was online with the new adapter. I then had to reset the modem again because it no longer let my old adapter go online. Thanks for your help.:smileyvery-happy: