baseball43v3r

LNE100TX not detected

ok so my onboard NIC went funky a couple days ago so i decided to get a new NIC card. i popped in and started up and it wasnt detected, it didnt show up under the IRQ numbers or anywhere else on my computer. it is definitely connected as the light shows up and it shows it has a cable connected but the computer simply wont recognize it. i've tried it in all three pci slots with no luck, and i know the slots are good because i had other cards plugged in before this one that worked fine. any idea's?? this computer has me pulling my hair out for four days and its tormenting me now. thanks in advance john
Carrot

Re: LNE100TX not detected

well...if the light are lit on the adapter and it shows it has a cable connected .. i don't think there is anything wrong with the adapter .. go to device manager and check whether the adapter is listed under the "network adapter list"
also, go to control panel >> network connections and check whether it has a Local Area Connection icon .. if yes , right click on it and click properties .. click on support tab and check the ip add ...
racefanatic

first off which slot did you install the card in...second some m/b share irq's with other slots so if you installed it say into slot3 move the nic to slot2 this should fix your problem....
jvcmwc

I am haveing the very same trouble with mine and have had for almost three week now. I know it worked becauase we had it on line and have even installed in a nother computer and the board workks. I do not have a local net work logo on my computer under anything in the control panel . I have checked everything and I even went to the site where you list all the drivers. burned them into the cd and still didn't get anything infact the disk didn't show anything that I could download. what did I do wrong. this is makeing me very mad