uclabruins211

Linksys Wired or Wireless USB adapter wont install?

[ Edited ]
I'm not sure if i have a USB wireless or wired adapter but it plugs into the USB port and its called a USV Ethernet Adapter. The model number is USB300M and when i plug that into the USB port on my computer and then insert the installation CD, it just brings up a window that shows 3 files are on the CD called: Drive, Manual, and Adobe Reader. How can i get the software cd to install? Thanks.
Message Edited by uclabruins211 on 07-06-2009 08:14 PM
Corleone

Re: Linksys Wired or Wireless USB adapter wont install?

USB300M is a Wired/Ethernet Adapter and not a Wireless Adapter...You will not get a Wireless Connection with this adapter...

If the installation CD does not work you may try to Download Driver 8.30 MB and install the adapter...

sha2588am

Regarding AE1000 installation.  I am trying to download a startup CD for this product for a second desktop and cannot find where on you site to get it.

Administrator
24JUAN80

Welcome to the Cisco Home Community.

You can go here for the drivers of the AE1000 including the Cisco Connect Software..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bdacre

Is there a driver for Window 8.1?  It shows that windows 8 is not supported, but when I did a search for ASIX AX88772, which is what shows up in the device manager.  ASIX has a driver but didn't want to down load encase of virus, would perfer to get it right from Linksys.

Thanks

Brooke

pinkyzeny

Hi Brooke, what is the model number of the adapter? By the way, I think Linksys only has AE6000 and WUSB6300 which is compatible with Win 8 (though it may or may not work with Win 8.1). You may check out their website for more information.

bdacre

It is the USB300M, 

pepper_mint

Hi, bdacre  based on my readings, USB300M runs on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OS X only. :smileysad: Do you see it under the Device Manager? Was there any error message? It may be best to just get a device that supports the OS of your computer.:smileysad: