Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RickW

PLE200 installation

1.  The configuration utility does not detect the adapter in the room we need the access.  It will detect 10 feet away in another recepticle.  Tech support said check the wiring, but what might I be looking for?  Polarity issue?  It's a 2 prong plug, so the ground is not utilized for data transfer.
2.  I move it to a location that does detect the adapter through the utility, but the data transfer rate is 0.  Do the 2 adapters ping each other to determine rate?  I have 3 lights on the local unit when connected to my router, and a solid power and blinking "powerline" light on the remote unit. 
3.  IP or TCP/IP address issue?
ridcully

Re: PLE200 installation

If it is detecting adapter on different location it should communicate with first adapter…ensure that you don’t have any firewall or antivirus software enabled on computer, try uninstalling utility and reinstall it…check whether it works or not…still if it doesn’t work then may be the problem could be electrical socket or wiring.

RickW

I risked the wife's ire, and ran a 100 foot extension cord through the house and, yes, it is somehow the wiring in the room.  We have a large house with 2 sub-panels and a main, so there are a few places for a borderline connection, but now I have 2 very simple options: swap the room wiring at the breaker box to the breaker of the plug that works to check the breaker/throughput integrity;   use a polarity tester to see if the hot and neutral are crossed in a receptacle in the circuit.  Tech support said to check the wiring, but that is a very general direction.  I'm a general contractor and know what goes into home wiring.  I also don't know what the adapters choke on.
RickW

[ Edited ]
If you have a multi-electrical paneled application it won't work. Another user advanced the theory that the 240 volt service brought to the panel is two 120 volt hots and a neutral, and that if they aren't on the same side/breaker you're screwed. This is probably true, as I lost power to half my breakers once when the main buss burned.

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance. Thanks!)

Message Edited by Maximus on 05-09-2007 07:01 PM